Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

341 - 357 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a White wired carlink dongle that i'm looking to sell. I have used it a couple of times and don't think that i will be using it anymore. So i am willing to sell it. If anyone is interested please make me a offer. Please email me @ [email protected] since i dont check the forums often,

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a new autokit update 2019-10-30.1332 I'm having issues to update, the install is greyed out. Any solutions
I got a new autokit update 2019-10-30.1332 I'm having issues to update, the install is greyed out. Any solutions
Having the same issue on mine. Reached out to the manufacturer, they said to try to install with USB but that wasnt working either. Would just stall out, and then ask if I wanted to wait or cancel. I updated the box just fine, but can't update the firmware.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also have the autokit and cannot update, as the install is greyed out. I have tried installing directly from the box and also by downloading to a USB stick. When I go through the HondaHack to (attempt to) get the apk on the whitelist, it ended up uninstalling the installed AutoKit apk.

I want to get rid of the annoying pop-ups that happen whenever the headunit boots up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
My steering wheel media controls - next and previous stopped working about 1 month ago after upgrading the firmware. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling both AutoPlay and Honda Hack, but it did not help. Anybody encountered the same issue. Thanks
@grohamns Im running into the same issue. Have you found a solution? Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi everyone!

I've had the CarLinkit dongle hooked up to out 2016 Pilot for about a year now, but wanted to check back in. Like others here, I haven't been able to update to the latest version of the software (install is always disabled) and I can't get it to save the settings that would make the USB Permissions screen stop popping up every time the headunit is powered on.

Are there any options that anyone is aware of to solve either (both?) of those problems? Is there potentially another device to buy that would work better? I'd rather not replace the whole radio unit with a 2017 or 2018 model but might be headed that way.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I spoke to Carlinkit about it. I wrote;

"I click to use usb permission, but never remembers the settings. I always need to click it every time."

Carlinkit response;

"Vehicle problems that cannot be resolved"

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Grohamns,

Which version of the firmware did you install (and from where?). I assume this is the firmware of the dongle you are speaking of.

Thanks!
Hi,
Attached is the screenshot of of the box (firmware) version: 2019.10.26.1043 that fixed the issue. Make sure the Head Unit connect to the WIFI and the dongle is plugin. Then go to Settings and on the bottom you will see (Re) Check updates and update from there. IMG_20200306_194542.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
I updated according to the instruction. Unfortunately, I am still getting the same message when I start the car. Probably because I have a different version of the box. :-( Thanks for the feedback though.
Hi,
Attached is the screenshot of of the box (firmware) version: 2019.10.26.1043 that fixed the issue. Make sure the Head Unit connect to the WIFI and the dongle is plugin. Then go to Settings and on the bottom you will see (Re) Check updates and update from there. View attachment 134671

·
Banned
1 Posts
yeah!.
@Njpilot2016, I do all of my app install through the head unit browser in a sense that I browse to what I need, download and install it. Here are the exact details as far as all of my app installation goes...

- Honda Hack App, installation was done via head unit browser following directions from Honda Hack website.

- AutoKit, Waze and Netflix were installed from within Honda Hack App. It has a list of pre-populated apps you can install from Honda Hack App<Install Apps from online option.

- Plex, ES File Explorer. I downloaded the apk using head unit browser from APKMirror website. Find apk that are compatible with Android version 4.1+. Then went into Honda Hack App<Install Apps from local storage option to run the actual installation. Honda Hack App takes care adding the app signature to the head unit whitelist as part of the installation.
yeah, thanks for your post, I downloaded and installed the netflix apk application from Honda Hack, it was great

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just search on eBay “CarPlay usb dongle” you’ll find several stores that sell the same product.
Is this the same thing? Found it on Walmart.com...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok thanks bladerunner! The honda hack website also talked about using a USB in steps 1 and 2 but would prefer to avoid that since my computer blocks USB devices! So you just went to step 3?

1. Prepare a USB flash disk and format it using FAT32. Attach the disk to the head unit and make sure the factory USB audio player can recognize it.
2. Download HondaHack.apk (http://autohack.org/clarion/HondaHack.apk) and save it to your USB flash disk.
3. Connect your head unit to Internet with Wi-Fi. You can use your cell phone as a hotspot.
4. Launch the Browser app from the App List and navigate to http://autohack.org/clarion. If the Browser app does not exist in the App List, please follow the instructions in this YouTube video to enabled it.
5. Click the Start button and enter the authorization code.
6. Wait about 3-5 minutes and then follow the instructions to perform a factory data reset.
7. After the head unit is rebooted, Honda Hack app should be installed automatically. If it is not installed, please Launch Usb Installer from the App List and install HondaHack.apk manually.
8. launch Honda Hack app from the App List to install other apps and tweak the system.
I bought Pro version on https://autohack.org server and it did nothing! I tired to download HondaHack.apk and it is not possible to install on Honda Unit. I tried ask on contact mail and no answer. It is probably just way to earn money on other peoples. I'm disgusted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Disclaimer: I am just noting my personal experience. I'm not advocating the utilization of these methods, but just sharing what has worked for me and my Honda 2016 Pilot EX-L.

Before one can even install the autokit.apk and then use the special carplay/android auto usb dongle, the headunit must rooted by HondaHack so that the "install" buttons are not greyed out. This noted, once you install HondaHack, one doesn't have to download the remainder of the apps & apks via a usb stick, you can download them directly on the wifi connected headunit via HondaHack's app installer.

The HondaHack Pro is a game changer, and a must have, for anyone with a 2016 Honda Pilot, and it also enables and enhances the 2017+ Pilot experience as well. It not only enables CarPlay & Android auto (via the additional special usb dongle), but it enhances the navigation and media experience in these vehicles.

As such, HondaHack works best when purchased and ran via the autohack.org site first (to get license key for either the basic or Pro versions), then via online (via the headunit) you use the license key to install Honda Hack.

Again, when I say "online", I mean the head unit needs to be connected via wifi and use the installed headunit browser to go the link.

Root your Honda head unit and install apps freely - Honda Hack

Sometimes it takes two installs, or at least a couple of reboots to get it all set. Just follow the instructions provided for the Honda Pilot (2016+), and take screen shots when you get the codes (for record/safe keeping). I recommend that you check out and print out the webpages from the above link before you purchase and start directly on your headunit.

Highly recommend you spend the additional $10, and pay full $25 (vs $15 basic) via paypal or CC for the PRO version.

You get an additional code for the PRO version as well. In practice (from what I've seen so far), it will install and keep these additional apps and apks up-to-date, providing you keep the headunit connected online at times via your phone or mobile hotspot (or at a minimum, when you are parked at a location with wifi)

The Honda Hack, does a lot more than just enable carplay via the autokit.apk (note: autokit.apk needs to be installed before you use the carplay/android usb dongle). Honda Hack also allows you to select install and directly use other apps on the headunit itself, like Spotify, Netflix, Waze, Sygic (with offline maps), etc.

Safety Message: Keep in mind, HondaHack will also allow the disabling of the parking break lock out...so I've noticed one can even keep things like Netflix running while they are are driving. One can also turn that back on that safety feature (I believe, not yet confirmed)...

So, one doesn't even need the carplay/android usb dongle and use those features if you don't want to...although having the choice is ideal and nice.

The headunit installed online apps need the headunit to be connected to a wifi hotspot (otherwise you need to use autokit.apk along with the dongle and connect to the apps available within carplay or android auto managed on the phone).

The HondaHack pro version allows installs additional changes (such as the ability to use an external usb stick for apps (and offline map) storage, etc. Memory and cache optimization, etc. The advanced settings in the PRO version does a lot. While one can buy the basic for $15, and then hunt and manually install everything else, the packaging/management the pro version provides keeps it all clean and easy to keep everything updated together.

-Dean
I bought Pro version on https://autohack.org server and it did nothing! I tired to download HondaHack.apk and it is not possible to install on Honda Unit. I tried ask on contact mail and no answer. It is probably just way to earn money on other peoples. I'm disgusted.

341 - 357 of 357 Posts