Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

341 - 353 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a White wired carlink dongle that i'm looking to sell. I have used it a couple of times and don't think that i will be using it anymore. So i am willing to sell it. If anyone is interested please make me a offer. Please email me @ [email protected] since i dont check the forums often,

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a new autokit update 2019-10-30.1332 I'm having issues to update, the install is greyed out. Any solutions
I got a new autokit update 2019-10-30.1332 I'm having issues to update, the install is greyed out. Any solutions
Having the same issue on mine. Reached out to the manufacturer, they said to try to install with USB but that wasnt working either. Would just stall out, and then ask if I wanted to wait or cancel. I updated the box just fine, but can't update the firmware.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also have the autokit and cannot update, as the install is greyed out. I have tried installing directly from the box and also by downloading to a USB stick. When I go through the HondaHack to (attempt to) get the apk on the whitelist, it ended up uninstalling the installed AutoKit apk.

I want to get rid of the annoying pop-ups that happen whenever the headunit boots up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
My steering wheel media controls - next and previous stopped working about 1 month ago after upgrading the firmware. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling both AutoPlay and Honda Hack, but it did not help. Anybody encountered the same issue. Thanks
@grohamns Im running into the same issue. Have you found a solution? Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi everyone!

I've had the CarLinkit dongle hooked up to out 2016 Pilot for about a year now, but wanted to check back in. Like others here, I haven't been able to update to the latest version of the software (install is always disabled) and I can't get it to save the settings that would make the USB Permissions screen stop popping up every time the headunit is powered on.

Are there any options that anyone is aware of to solve either (both?) of those problems? Is there potentially another device to buy that would work better? I'd rather not replace the whole radio unit with a 2017 or 2018 model but might be headed that way.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I spoke to Carlinkit about it. I wrote;

"I click to use usb permission, but never remembers the settings. I always need to click it every time."

Carlinkit response;

"Vehicle problems that cannot be resolved"

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Grohamns,

Which version of the firmware did you install (and from where?). I assume this is the firmware of the dongle you are speaking of.

Thanks!
Hi,
Attached is the screenshot of of the box (firmware) version: 2019.10.26.1043 that fixed the issue. Make sure the Head Unit connect to the WIFI and the dongle is plugin. Then go to Settings and on the bottom you will see (Re) Check updates and update from there. IMG_20200306_194542.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
I updated according to the instruction. Unfortunately, I am still getting the same message when I start the car. Probably because I have a different version of the box. :-( Thanks for the feedback though.
Hi,
Attached is the screenshot of of the box (firmware) version: 2019.10.26.1043 that fixed the issue. Make sure the Head Unit connect to the WIFI and the dongle is plugin. Then go to Settings and on the bottom you will see (Re) Check updates and update from there. View attachment 134671

341 - 353 of 353 Posts