Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
221 - 240 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Having same issue: box version does not match." used HondaHackPro, tried oneclick, neither worked. Updated the dongle software from img file, still no go. Any advice? Thanks

@mattg @mgollub - success finally! I was able to download the AutoKit.apk from 2018-10-26 at http://112.74.112.110/download/2018-10-26/yunlian/AutoKit.apk and used the API Icon Editor to set the properties:

Version Code: 1
Version Name: '1.0'
Minimum SDK: 16
Tarket SDK: 22
Application Name: @string/app_name

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wifi/Bluetooth Settings

So I used the honda hack on my 2016 Pilot Elite...everything works great when I'm on my home wife network.

What settings should be used for my phone?

Do I need to connect to my headunit as a hotspot? I've been looking all over and there is not clear settings for your phone.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Is setting the phone up as a hotspot how you would also connect head-unit reloaded wirelessly as well?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
@mattg @mgollub - success finally! I was able to download the AutoKit.apk from 2018-10-26 at http://112.74.112.110/download/2018-10-26/yunlian/AutoKit.apk and used the API Icon Editor to set the properties:

Version Code: 1
Version Name: '1.0'
Minimum SDK: 16
Tarket SDK: 22
Application Name: @string/app_name
Happy that you got it to work! My question now is, have you had any issues with audio/microphone? I have the exact same dongle and have tried numerous versions of Autokit.apk. All of the CarPlay apps and functions are great, but I have serious issues with my microphone actually picking up when I am only connected via USB. I have to disconnect bluetooth or I get play/pause issues with audio playback.

Have you modified your whitelist in any way?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wifi/Bluetooth Settings

I have everything working:

1. Should I have the bluetooth turned off or it ignoring the Honda? So far I have it off in order to get it to work
2. Is there a way to listen to the car radio while still listening to Texts as need be?

·
Registered
2 Posts
from Mazda after years of promise Mazda has finally added CarPlay and Android Auto
CarPlay and Android Auto now available for 2014 and newer Mazda vehicles in Canada

Mazda has finally added CarPlay and Android Auto to its vehicles that are from 2014 and newer and that also feature Mazda Connect infotainment systems. To upgrade an existing car, it costs $199 USD (roughly, $263 CAD), plus the price of labour. The upgrade adds in 2.1-amp USB ports to charge your iPhone or Android device faster while still transferring data to the vehicle for CarPlay or Android Auto. This is a reasonable price since third-party units often cost much more, and they don’t integrate with the car’s hardware controls to trigger features like Google Assistant. Mazda estimates that this upgrade will take about two hours to complete, and prices could change depending on where you are in the country as well.

Read more at MobileSyrup.com: CarPlay and Android Auto now available for 2014 and newer Mazda vehicles in Canada

Come on Honda if Mazda can do it so can you!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been using Head Unit Reloaded and it works okay. I want to try the dongle but had a couple questions:

-When receiving/making calls, does the call come in using the Honda head unit interface or does it stay in the Android Auto interface?
-When making calls from AA (if the head unit interface takes over) do you have to hit the Transfer button to transfer the audio/mic from the phone?

These are two things that occur using Head Unit Reloaded and it's a pain.

Thanks.

Edit: This is a 2016 EXL

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have been using Head Unit Reloaded and it works okay. I want to try the dongle but had a couple questions:

-When receiving/making calls, does the call come in using the Honda head unit interface or does it stay in the Android Auto interface?
-When making calls from AA (if the head unit interface takes over) do you have to hit the Transfer button to transfer the audio/mic from the phone?

These are two things that occur using Head Unit Reloaded and it's a pain.

Thanks.

Edit: This is a 2016 EXL
I moved from HUR to the dongle. No transfer button needed if you call through the car and the interface. During call it doesn't exit AA.

I like it much better.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I moved from HUR to the dongle. No transfer button needed if you call through the car and the interface. During call it doesn't exit AA.

I like it much better.
Thanks for the info. It also helps me to get one and try it out.

There's so many choices on ebay, do they all work the same? Does the color of the dongle make a difference?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thanks for the info. It also helps me to get one and try it out.

There's so many choices on ebay, do they all work the same? Does the color of the dongle make a difference?
Actually I was wrong.... It does actually switch out, but when the user picks up it automatically transfer to phone. When the call ends it goes back to AA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My usb carplay dongle works on 2016 Pilot. So happy that my truck is now equipped with Carplay and AA... I just saved $3K instead of replacing the head unit with 2017 model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have tried installing the latest autokit app (Nov 16) from the above download site but it always failed to install. The default autokit app in Honda Hack was already outdated (Oct 12). Can someone help advise?

·
Registered
22 Posts
You cannot update from within the app. You need to install the updated app from the following site:
I downloaded the latest (November 16) autokit file from the site, but when I try to install it, the install button is grayed out...any ideas?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have tried installing the latest autokit app (Nov 16) from the above download site but it always failed to install. The default autokit app in Honda Hack was already outdated (Oct 12). Can someone help advise?
Did you figure out a solution?

221 - 240 of 375 Posts