Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

201 - 220 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Okay in head unit... got it, but how to access them please?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Use gear icon on the top left corner. Have the phone disconnected from the dongle, you may have not see it as it would connect directly to CarPlay mode.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #203 (Edited)
Okay in head unit... got it, but how to access them please?

Thanks!

The charging setting should be there. By the way, I've uploaded an updated version of the apk today, not sure if this setting was present in the 9/24 apk

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
arkzrlo-
Just tried doing that, but, in the screen in settings, it did not display that option, however, it did pop up and say that there was a new update that included that option. I tried running the update, but when it completed, it did not allow me to click INSTALL, only CANCEL was illuminated (see attached images).

Do I need to reinstall that from your repacked version of the apk? And, is your repacked version the same as what it says on the screen?

Thank you for your time! IMG_1777.JPG

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
arkzrlo-
Just tried doing that, but, in the screen in settings, it did not display that option, however, it did pop up and say that there was a new update that included that option. I tried running the update, but when it completed, it did not allow me to click INSTALL, only CANCEL was illuminated (see attached images).

Do I need to reinstall that from your repacked version of the apk? And, is your repacked version the same as what it says on the screen?

Thank you for your time! View attachment 128497

Yes the version I repacked is the same. Use my version and you should get that option added. Sadly the update on the app does not work on the Pilot directly, but you can always update using the repacked apk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Okay, did the update, now shows levels. However, when iPhone is hooked up, still no charging to iPhone.

Today, went out and tried different usb cords (NOTE: I have an Anker battery case with a micro USB cable charge port). Still nothing.

Took the case off, and hooked it up with the Apple Lightning charge cable, that did the trick. I can take the battery case off very easily, not that hard, but would be nice to have a battery case, with a lot of battery storage, so that I don’t have to take the iPhone out of the case to charge when connected to CarPlay in the Pilot.

Now, I’d like to find a battery case for an iPhone 6S with a lightning connector port, that allows syncing of the iPhone when hooked up to a computer that also is compatible with CarPlay....

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,

I’ve been monitoring this thread for awhile, and have successfully rooted my Mother-in-Law’s 2016 Pilot EX-L. (And yes, there was prying involved, but her thirst for CarPlay is strong!)

However, when going to purchase a dongle, I noticed the ones on Amazon (specifically the HkittyXiong one), list compatible head unit versions as “Car Android systems 4.4.2 or above.“. Our Pilots version is listed as 4.2.2.

What are my options at this point? Am I going to have to order a dongle off eBay or elsewhere that specifically lists support for 4.2.2? Or does someone here have experience with a similar dongle to what I’ve listed working, despite not explicitly stating support for 4.2.2?

Thank you for any and all help!

-Brett

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is there a way to increase the size of the Android Apps on the screen? The downloaded ones are too small and would prefer the size of the default apps.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Okay, what did I do? Trying to change some settings in my CarPlay on 2016 Pilot EXL with the dongle box, and lost the ability to listen to the verbal instructions given by Waze being put out to speakers in the Pilot. I have the app running, but nothing going out to the speakers in the vehicle. I disconnect the iPhone from the micro usb/dongle, and then they start being broadcsst on the iPhone.
Also, this may have something to do with it... My music player keeps starting on my iPhone, playing music from thr iPhone through the speakers. Even shutting this off doesn’t help. And, what setting for input device (the screen where you get to choose from Bluetooth, Sirius FM, USB, etc.) needs to be set as ‘default’?
Anyone else have this issue, and if so, how to rectify? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anyone recommend a CarPlay usb dongle that works well with the Honda Hack Pro setup? There are so many out there and I want to ensure I get one that’s known to work on a 16 pilot. Thank in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The new apk i just uploaded to the dropbox folder has a toggle to set the charging intensity through the dongle. Check if that helps you. At least my old iPhone 6 was charging while connected to the dongle (really slow though). My XS shows the charging symbol, but I didn't check if it actually charges or not.

Edit:
I included a link to the Dropbox folder with the apk and firmware of the dongle to my signature so you can always find it easily. I'll try to keep it updated.
Hi arkzrlo - I tried the latest APK/firmware with a new white dongle (this is the 1st time I've ever tried it), and while I can install the APK (via HondaHack PRO), install the Firmware with a success message - but it gives me "Box version does not match" still. I did go under the Settings wheel and see there is a Save log, I did that and clicked on Upload Log but I don't know where that goes. It shows me:

Software version: 2019.10.18.0933
Box version: The box version does not match

I tried several times to do the firmware update and rebooting, not sure what else to try. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having same problem as kdwag22, "BOX VErSION DOES NOT MATCH." Used the HondaHackPro to install apk from arkzrlo's goodle drive and using the apk from the ebay website. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi arkzrlo - I tried the latest APK/firmware with a new white dongle (this is the 1st time I've ever tried it), and while I can install the APK (via HondaHack PRO), install the Firmware with a success message - but it gives me "Box version does not match" still. I did go under the Settings wheel and see there is a Save log, I did that and clicked on Upload Log but I don't know where that goes. It shows me:

Software version: 2019.10.18.0933
Box version: The box version does not match

I tried several times to do the firmware update and rebooting, not sure what else to try. Thanks!

Having same issue: box version does not match." used HondaHackPro, tried oneclick, neither worked. Updated the dongle software from img file, still no go. Any advice? Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
At this point, I would recommend trying AutoPlay.apk AutoBox.apk and AutoKit.apk

Being that these dongles are all poorly documented and have very little documentation since they are all Chinese, you may have to try any one of the 3 above APKs.

Can't post links here, but if you go to the xda thread on the carplay dongles look at post 415 and try downloading apk's from within one of the 3 folders.

·
Registered
12 Posts
At this point, I would recommend trying AutoPlay.apk AutoBox.apk and AutoKit.apk

Being that these dongles are all poorly documented and have very little documentation since they are all Chinese, you may have to try any one of the 3 above APKs.

Can't post links here, but if you go to the xda thread on the carplay dongles look at post 415 and try downloading apk's from within one of the 3 folders.
Thanks - The seller did give links to an AutoKit.apk, but it wouldn't install on the Pilot's android. @arkzrlo mentioned he had to repackage for pilot, would possibly need to do that for this one? I'm willing to give it a shot if someone knows the process using the Android development tools.

Box label says "AutoKit USB Adapter" Model CPC200-CMAP

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks - The seller did give links to an AutoKit.apk, but it wouldn't install on the Pilot's android. @arkzrlo mentioned he had to repackage for pilot, would possibly need to do that for this one? I'm willing to give it a shot if someone knows the process using the Android development tools.

Box label says "AutoKit USB Adapter" Model CPC200-CMAP
You're right. I had to repack as well. Follow arkzrlo's instructions using the app he recommends. I managed to get it installed, but I can't say that it is running perfectly. I have issues with echoes, microphone not picking up my voice during calls, etc. It's not wife-proof.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did you end up getting the dongle from Amazon? Did it work?

Hello all,

I’ve been monitoring this thread for awhile, and have successfully rooted my Mother-in-Law’s 2016 Pilot EX-L. (And yes, there was prying involved, but her thirst for CarPlay is strong!)

However, when going to purchase a dongle, I noticed the ones on Amazon (specifically the HkittyXiong one), list compatible head unit versions as “Car Android systems 4.4.2 or above.“. Our Pilots version is listed as 4.2.2.

What are my options at this point? Am I going to have to order a dongle off eBay or elsewhere that specifically lists support for 4.2.2? Or does someone here have experience with a similar dongle to what I’ve listed working, despite not explicitly stating support for 4.2.2?

Thank you for any and all help!

-Brett

201 - 220 of 340 Posts