Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd appreciate some recommendations on a carpet cleaner that does the job and is relatively easy to use. Despite my best efforts to keep the driver's side carpet clean in the exposed area not covered by the Honda floormats, I've still ended up with a grimy, muddy patch.

Anybody else looking forward to giving your Pilot a good spring cleaning???

·
Registered
244 Posts
STEAMER

I use one of those steamcleaners you can buy off HSN website. You can use it for cleaning rims and other stuff around the house. Nontoxic too. Makes the carpet look brand new in house and car.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If your carpet is really heavily stained, then something like what Gordo is talking about may be the best solution. For spot-cleaning, or even to scrub down the entire mat, I use the Prestone product pictured below and have had excellent results from it. Although, the built-in scrubber is worthless. I just apply, let it dwell for a brief time, agitate with a stiffer brush, then blot up and let it dry. A swipe of the vacuum makes it look good as new.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
casdas said:
If your carpet is really heavily stained, then something like what Gordo is talking about may be the best solution. For spot-cleaning, or even to scrub down the entire mat, I use the Prestone product pictured below and have had excellent results from it. Although, the built-in scrubber is worthless. I just apply, let it dwell for a brief time, agitate with a stiffer brush, then blot up and let it dry. A swipe of the vacuum makes it look good as new.

Thanks, Gordo and casdas, for the advice. Since at this point, I just need a good spot-cleaning around the "dead pedal" left uncovered by the Honda floor mats, the Prestone product may be the best thing to try.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Ziploc said:

Thanks, Gordo and casdas, for the advice. Since at this point, I just need a good spot-cleaning around the "dead pedal" left uncovered by the Honda floor mats, the Prestone product may be the best thing to try.
If spot cleaning is what you're after, then another product that is pretty good is Resolve. We use this stuff on our carpets in the house all the time -- with a 2-year old running around and spilling stuff all over the place, Resolve spot cleans REALLY well -- I'm sure it'll do the same for the Pilot carpeting, too!!! :4: :29:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kemosabe said:

If spot cleaning is what you're after, then another product that is pretty good is Resolve. We use this stuff on our carpets in the house all the time -- with a 2-year old running around and spilling stuff all over the place, Resolve spot cleans REALLY well -- I'm sure it'll do the same for the Pilot carpeting, too!!! :4: :29:
Thanks, Kemosabe, this looks like good stuff, too. I could also try it in the house....no 2-year-old running around, but I do have a cat that insists on eating grass and getting rid of it (and the last meal) on my carpet!!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Ziploc

[ S N I P P E D ]

...but I do have a cat that insists on eating grass and getting rid of it (and the last meal) on my carpet!!!

That's why I originally recommended what I did. Use of force should be proportionate and justified...

Use a steamer on a steamer!!:eek:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
I too use the Resolve product in my vehicles and in the house (and I don't even have any 2 year olds). :eek:

They also market a "pet" version that is supposed to totally remove any residual odor from the "soiled" area. It comes in an orange colored bottle. Got mine at Wally-World.

YMMV

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kemosabe said:

Here, Ziploc... put this sign on your carpet!! :D
Just to set the record straight, the soiling problem is out of my cat's front end, not rear end. I've yet to come across a convincing explanation of why cats are hell-bent on eating grass when all it does is irritate their stomachs and cause upchucking.

(Sorry for both the gruesome details and the threaddrift!)

·
Registered
465 Posts
My son has now lost his lunch twice in the Pilot

So, I am again looking at cleaning the carpet. The inaugural cookie toss was in the left back seat on the way home from Disney World in December. The second was last night, and was in the right back seat. Glad the weather cooperated last night so I could leave my windows down. (Insert smilie holding his nose here.) My baby girl just got out of the hospital yesterday. What a welcome home from big brother!!

(Baby is ok now, but had pneumonia and severe asthma. At least is wasn't SARS. Ah, the life of a preemie.)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've had good luck cleaning dirt using Oxi Clean. I mix some Oxi Clean with water, moisten and scrub the area. Then, using a clean towel I rub it as dry as possible. This technique works well on soiled areas, (even coffee stains), and it doesn't leave the soap residue that will sometimes attract dirt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts