Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to buy a cargo tray for my 2019 Pilot Touring. I can't decide between the Honda and the Weathertech trays. Anyone know if one is better than the other?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the same question. I need the larger one that fits when the third row is down. Looks like the Honda one folds so it works with the third row up or down which could be an advantage. But it has a large cutout in the middle of the rear edge that (if the picture is to be believed) the Weathertech doesn't.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have the same question. I need the larger one that fits when the third row is down. Looks like the Honda one folds so it works with the third row up or down which could be an advantage. But it has a large cutout in the middle of the rear edge that (if the picture is to be believed) the Weathertech doesn't.
What is the cutout that you are seeing (and perhaps on which picture)?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I believe this is what Nick is talking about. They cut it out so that you can still get to the release handle for the compartment underneath. Personally, I think it's kind of pointless because you'll be folding up the lower panel to get in there anyway. If anything, it would be more sensible to have it on the Weathertech instead because that one doesn't fold. But it doesn't really hurt anything either.

I went with the Honda one because it folds. I liked that because 1) you can use it with the third row up or down, and 2) it's easy to take out and put it somewhere in the garage without taking up much room. Cargo has a tendency to slide around on these hardshell covers, so sometimes it's better to set it on the carpet instead.

·
Registered
102 Posts
@mnbc: Exactly, thanks for the input. I'll always have a blanket in there for the dog so I think I'll go with weathertech.

Follow on issue. I can't figure out how to get the third row seat belts out of the way, It was easy to detach and stash them on the 2000's...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Follow on issue. I can't figure out how to get the third row seat belts out of the way, It was easy to detach and stash them on the 2000's...
There are little plastic tabs that you can slide them into. I think they're on the D pillars, but can't remember for sure. I can look when I get home.

·
Registered
68 Posts
one thing i did with mine (on a 17 but applies to all) -- i cut a slit in my cargo mat with a box cutter where the split is in the third row so that i can leave the mat down if i put one of the back seats up. Yes, it creates a spot where water could get through i suppose, but i don't generally carry around open buckets or anything. Makes life easier so that i don't have to take everything out of the trunk to fold up the mat if i want to use the third row.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts