Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the cargo organizer yesterday that I bought from Tim (thanks Tim) and installed it. The material it's made of sure does stink. Does anyone else have a bad smelling organizer? Will that smell eventually go away?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
jay said:
I received the cargo organizer yesterday that I bought from Tim (thanks Tim) and installed it. The material it's made of sure does stink. Does anyone else have a bad smelling organizer? Will that smell eventually go away?
I do recall a rather strong odor when it first arrived, and for a while thereafter. (Though not enough be noticed from the seats up front) But after having it 3-4 months now, I really don't notice anything.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
jay said:
jay: I have to agree with Ziploc -- we both got ours within a day of each other from the Cargo Organizer Group Buy (ah, the good ole days) and when I took it outta the plastic, it did have a slight smell to it -- but now, after a couple months of usage, there is no more smell... I would imagine the smell in your cargo organizer will eventually go away, too!!!

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
I remember being pretty stinky, too. Just unfold it (set it up) and leave it to air out in the garage for a day. It goes away pretty quick, but better to let it lose the stink in the garage rather than in the enclosed car.

·
Registered
342 Posts
What he said...

It's got that new plastic smell to it but it will go away. Once you've aired it out and install it you will find it to be one of the most-used accessories on your Pilot.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ChuckW said:
What he said...

It's got that new plastic smell to it but it will go away. Once you've aired it out and install it you will find it to be one of the most-used accessories on your Pilot.
I agree about the most-used. I put it to good use yesterday in my bi-weekly trip to Costco.

I got a new pair of New Balance tennis shoes yesterday, and while not nearly as strong, the shoes had a very similar smell. I just hope that after 3 months use, the cargo organizer doesn't smell like the tennis shoes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts