Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the Cargo Organizer can be installed/used with the 3rd row seats up? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
GR8PILOT said:
Just wondering if the Cargo Organizer can be installed/used with the 3rd row seats up? Thanks!
Yes it can. There are two anchors on the sides behind the back door. But you really don't NEED to anchor it.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
it says that the cargo organiser is collapsible? Can it be stored in the head rest storage well or is it bigger than that when collapsed ?:16:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
If your talking about the cargo organizer in the picture below, then yes it can be collapsed. After partitions are un-snapped and folded back, then the whole thing can be folded flat. It's actually shipped flat when you order it. Here's the install instructions.

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
Got mine today. It fits nicely behind the third row and folds up small enough to fit in the headrest storage bin.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
ChuckW said:
Got mine today. It fits nicely behind the third row and folds up small enough to fit in the headrest storage bin.
ChuckW -- where did you purchase yours? Online somewhere (like hondaacuraworld or e-bay)? At the dealership? I'm seriously thinking about getting one too... thanks in advance for any insight!! :)

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got mine yesterday. Ordered from Hondacuraworld. Haven't installed it yet, though.

I am "Cookie Mom" for my daughter's Brownie troop, and I had to pick up 2400 boxes of cookies yesterday! Had a Mom with a Lincoln Navigator help me out, or I would've had to make two trips!

I'll install the organizer today, now that all those cookies are out of my car!

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Re: Re: Cargo Organizer ??

Sage said:

Yes it can. There are two anchors on the sides behind the back door. But you really don't NEED to anchor it.
What advantages does the cargo holder have to, say, buying a duffle bag or one of these plastic stuff holders from WalMart or something?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
GR8PILOT said:

I'll install the organizer today, now that all those cookies are out of my car!
I find it interesting that some owners refer to the Pilot here as "my car" and others "the truck" :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Florida-Guy-

That is interesting! I guess I've always thought of a "truck" as being a regular pick-up truck. On the other hand, a PILOT isn't really a car, either! I guess since I mostly use my PILOT to haul my kids, rather than cargo, I think of it as a car.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
GR8PILOT said:
Florida-Guy-
That is interesting! I guess I've always thought of a "truck" as being a regular pick-up truck. On the other hand, a PILOT isn't really a car, either! I guess since I mostly use my PILOT to haul my kids, rather than cargo, I think of it as a car.
When I first saw the "the truck" reference I thought it was a bit of a stretch having seen the highlander. However, when I saw the Pilot in person I could definitely see some truck in it. It's much bigger than the Highlander.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Cargo Organizer ??

florida_guy said:

What advantages does the cargo holder have to, say, buying a duffle bag or one of these plastic stuff holders from WalMart or something?
I was wondering the same thing....but will probably succumb to temptation and go ahead and buy one from one of the suggested on-line sites.

·
Registered
316 Posts

florida_guy said:

It's got a cool Honda Logo right on the front.:D

·
Registered
9,190 Posts

florida_guy said:

For me, a duffle bag is too flimsy to hold my stuff without it flopping around in the back (even tied down) and I've searched Wal-Mart and Target and other stores but could not find a plastic container that will fit in the back and still allow you to use the 3rd row seat (and still hold my loose stuff (jumper cables, triangle reflectors, portable shovel, first aid kit, gas mask, duct tape))...

·
Registered
342 Posts
I got it because it fits so well and is collapsable.

Plus, as was noted earlier, the Honda logo really is cool.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got mine mainly to hold groceries. We have a family of six, so we buy quite a few groceries, but I go to the store at least twice a week. The organizer looks big enough to hold most, if not all of my grocery bags. It is also quite deep- several inches taller than a gallon of milk. Now I know my food won't be sliding all over the place! Very pleased with my purchase!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts

florida_guy said:

It's really sturdy. Propane tank fits in the large part & don't have to worry about it rolling around. You'll find all kind of ways to use it. I don't keep mine anchored so I can shift it easily if I need to. Really handy little thing. Oh yea - Has a warning on it though...
"NOT for use in a Highlander." :D

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
GR8PILOT said:
The organizer looks big enough to hold most, if not all of my grocery bags. It is also quite deep- several inches taller than a gallon of milk. Now I know my food won't be sliding all over the place! Very pleased with my purchase!

Glad you like it. I will almost never have the rear seats up so I can use that area for storage. Would the cargo oranizer fit farther back and stay put or is it mainly designed for the area right inside the lift gate?

·
Registered
342 Posts
The organizer should fit anywhere but the tiedowns it uses are at the extreme rear of the Pilot.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts