Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide between the cargo organizer and the cargo net. Does anyone like one over the other? Do you know the dimensions of the cargo organizer? I can't tell if it fits all the way across the back length of the Pilot. Also, can one use the cargo mat along with the organizer or are the hooks that hold the carganizer down covered by the mat. Any opinions on the mat, organizer and net would be appreciated.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I have the original net, optional net, organizer, and the tray. I really like the organizer. It's about a foot wide, a foot high, and three or so feet long. Straps on either side hold it in place with the chrome hooks. The tray is made to leave all the hooks accessible. Compared to the organizer, the nets are useless.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Schultz said:
I am trying to decide between the cargo organizer and the cargo net. Does anyone like one over the other?...
As you can imagine, the net is better for holding large or odd shaped items (including things like the stroller).

While the cargo organizer is better for holding bags of groceries and things you want to stand up or things you don't want to dump out.

I have the cago tray, large net and cargo bin. I keep all three installed, with the net on top of the tray and the bin strapped in directly behind the second row.

I think I use the bins more now and what doesn't fit in there goes under the net.

Of course the tray is also essential to keep the interior neat and clean.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I agree with tim.s; I have both, and use both, but the organizer gets the daily use, and the net comes in handy to tie down bulky items.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Picture shows that I have the cargo organizer, cargo tray, and cargo cover. I also have the cargo liner. I use the organizer all the time. You can also fold it up when not in use. Hooks do not interfere with the cargo tray or cargo liner.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Looks like I'd have to heave the ol' golf clubs over that organizer thang.

Two or three black or gray plastic milk crates with non-skid bottoms may be a more flexible solution than the organizer.

That's what I'll be trying anyway. As soon as my Pilot is delivered that is!

ammdaddy

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
ammdaddy said:
Looks like I'd have to heave the ol' golf clubs over that organizer thang...
Yeah, I had the same problem with a stroller. I moved the organizer to the forward position after that and it's worked well since.

·
Registered
154 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
ammdaddy said:
Found this organizer at The Container Store. Only $9.95 each. I bought two.
Just wanted to get an update on this product. As functional as the factory organizer? Regrets? Really contemplating some type of storage option for the back.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I keep a plain brown cardboard box in the back to hold the miscellaneous items that I don't want flopping about (ie. umbrella, tarp, machete, etc.)

Not much to look at, but in a pinch where I need to load up a bunch of stuff and I run out of room, I can just pitch the box.

I'll probably put another cardboard box back there to use for hauling stuff like groceries. With the cargo tray, its hard accessing the grocery hooks in the hidden compartment and the cargo netting is practically useless.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
elduderino said:
I keep a plain brown cardboard box in the back to hold the miscellaneous items that I don't want flopping about (ie. umbrella, tarp, machete, etc.)

Not much to look at, but in a pinch where I need to load up a bunch of stuff and I run out of room, I can just pitch the box.

I'll probably put another cardboard box back there to use for hauling stuff like groceries. With the cargo tray, its hard accessing the grocery hooks in the hidden compartment and the cargo netting is practically useless.
Use the 4 grocery hooks, two on each side, mounted a couple inches below glass level.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
It's hard to tell from the pictures, can the third row be up when using the organizer?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Art said:
It's hard to tell from the pictures, can the third row be up when using the organizer?
I believe so, but I haven't tried it myself.

The first pic looks like the 3rd row is up to me, though.

kad

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Art said:
Yes. But I think if you want to strap it down, you have to use the silver buckels closest to the tailgate.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Collapsible Storage Crate

I believe this is the collapsible storage crate that Sandcrab was referring to earlier in this thread. This is from the Container Store http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?CATID=71223&PRODID=60192 for $13 each.

While it isn't as nice as the OEM Cargo Organizer, it's much cheaper and I don't mind banging this one up. The support grid on the bottom of the box along with the weight of the box contents help wedge the box into the carpet and keep it in place. There are holes in the sides so you can also bungy them down.

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Collapsible Storage Box

I can open it up with one hand, while the other is occupied with groceries. It's pretty convenient. Everything that goes into the truck at the start of the day gets thrown into the box and is hauled into the house at the end of the day with one fell swoop.

Funny, my ol' man use to get really excited about this stuff and I used to call him nuts. I guess now that I'm the "ol' man", I can finally understand his passion :rolleyes:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts