Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a question or two for the group:

Does anyone have the cargo mat?

If so, is it the genuine Honda part? Does it have a lip on all four (4) sides or only on three (3)(missing the rear side)?

Has anyone compared the cargo mat from mats4less.com to the genuine Honda cargo mat?

http://mats4less.com/cartray2003b.html

I am doing my homework before I purchase either one. Any information from the forum/group would be helpful.

2003 LX Black 4000± miles with lots of bugs hitting the windshield...

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
The cargo tray is a must in my book.

Here's a thread with good info..... Cargo Tray

Can't help ya on the mats4less brand.

Good luck!

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
I dont have the cargo tray. But the mat4less one is not cheaper than the OEM cargo tray if you buy it from a online seller.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Sage said:
The cargo tray is a must in my book.

Here's a thread with good info..... Cargo Tray

Can't help ya on the mats4less brand.

Good luck!
Like Sage, I consider the OEM Cargo Tray an essential. I've been extremely happy with mine...plus (minor point) it matches the OEM all-weather mats for a sort of "stem to stern" matching look, if you should purchase those. The Cargo Organizer is a nice-to-have you might also consider...mine has come in even more handy than I thought it would.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like the OEM tray is for me!

There is a co-worker that has an MDX with the tray and I am going to look at it right now AND there is a little bit of a lip to contain all sorts of liquid and non-liquid substances!

Thanks to all that posted for the help AND the links!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Cargo Tray

It's a must for me too. I just got it a month ago and it saves me the worry of screwing up the carpet back there.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The cargo tray is definitely a must have. It allows you to haul anything in the back without messing up the carpet or seats.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just jumped in, head first!! Thanks Sage!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cargo Tray

I bought a cargo tray and the allseason mats from a discount Honda dealer online. I think they were out of the Hamptons' somewhere. I got what I ordered within about 5 days.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I got the OEM cargo mat, it slides about on the carpet with the 90 lb dog on it. I've had good experience with MacNeil/Weathertech in other SUV's so bought one from them. It doesn't slide about so much but it doesn't fit very well in the tailgate opening, I believe because it's molded for the MDX which has a narrower tailgate. Nick

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Nick Shepherd said:
I got the OEM cargo mat, it slides about on the carpet with the 90 lb dog on it. I've had good experience with MacNeil/Weathertech in other SUV's so bought one from them. It doesn't slide about so much but it doesn't fit very well in the tailgate opening, I believe because it's molded for the MDX which has a narrower tailgate. Nick
Hey Nick...
The cargo tray slides around? How is that possible? It fit's side to side & end to end in the back of the Pilot? When you say cargo mat ? Are you talking about the liner? I can see where THAT may slide. What am I missing? Anyone else have a tray that slides? :confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine doesn't. Granted I don't have a 90lb dog riding on it :D But I haven't noticed any slippage whenever I load a bunch of stuffs. I also found the Organizer handy for small stuffs.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
superpilot said:
Mine doesn't. Granted I don't have a 90lb dog riding on it :D But I haven't noticed any slippage whenever I load a bunch of stuffs. I also found the Organizer handy for small stuffs.
Wonder why Nick's is slipping. :confused:
Yea - That organizer is the handiest dang thing. Gallons of milk, propane tanks! I love it! :4:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: Cargo Tray

hamms1970 said:
I bought a cargo tray and the allseason mats from a discount Honda dealer online. I think they were out of the Hamptons' somewhere. I got what I ordered within about 5 days.
Welcome hamms1970! Good to see you here...
Watch for the Group Buys here on the board. You can save some $$$. :29:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Sage said:

Wonder why Nick's is slipping. :confused:
Yea - That organizer is the handiest dang thing. Gallons of milk, propane tanks! I love it! :4:
...and it's the perfect size for the cargo area, allowing you to still use the 3rd row seats for passengers (I had a hard time finding plastic Rubbermaid (and other brand(s)) containers that would fit back there with the 3rd row up).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry if I'm confused, I mean the flat plastic thing with about 2" sides and a square pattern that completely covers the floor of the cargo area. Is that a mat or a tray? Anyway, if the dog's back there it's like he's surfing, the mat/tray slides and the edges bend and climb up the sides or tailgate.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Nick Shepherd said:
Sorry if I'm confused, I mean the flat plastic thing with about 2" sides and a square pattern that completely covers the floor of the cargo area. Is that a mat or a tray? Anyway, if the dog's back there it's like he's surfing, the mat/tray slides and the edges bend and climb up the sides or tailgate.
Wow Nick. You're describing the Cargo Tray. Haven't heard of it slipping at all. Especially, "surfing" - moving that much. Mine doesn't and I don't think could move at all? Do you have pics maybe? Is it OEM?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts