Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the Cargo Liner?

Looks like in the picture it's two pieces, 1 to cover the cargo area and another piece top cover the bumper when lifting things out of the cargo area. Can anyone confirm this?

Reason I ask is because, my wife tends to drag the baby's stroller out of the Pilot. I'm worried about getting scratches to the bumper area and the plastic leading to the rear hatch. This plastic areas seems to scratch easily. I'm thinking that cargo liner would help protect this. But since we usually drive with half of the 3rd row seats up, I'm only interested in the liner if I can just use the bumper cover.

Unless anyone else have any ideas... other then telling my wife to bulk up and lift rather then drag items out.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Cargo Liner Alternatives

I went to Wal-Mart and bought a grey carpet remnant. it matches the car very well, for like $9.96 its longer than the rear cargo area, with the third seat folded down and I have some folded under so it could be put over the bumper area if something were to scratch. Another benefit, if it does get dirty or torn I can easily throw it away and get another one. The one that Honda sells is like 90 bucks. Honda sure does overprice alot of their accessories, you would think some of them are made out of gold or some other precisous metals but its only plastic, vinyl and fake wood.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: Re: Cargo Liner question

kemosabe said:

Sorry, RUFIO... couldn't resist!!! :D :D :D
ooOOH that's scary! WAY too much of a good thing!!!:awais:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Liner is not worth the $

I had the dealer install the liner and it was crap. It was very thin and was attached all over the cargo area with bits of stick-on velcro. The very next morning, some of the velcro had already pealed up. I returned the thing.

The extra flap is connected to the main liner by yet more velcro (although it is stitched together). You can put the third row seats up with the liner installed, but I don't think you could use just the extra flap - Well, unless separated the flap from the rest of the liner and rigged up more stick on velcro somewhere at the back bumper area to connect the flap to.

I have dogs and used to have the Odyssey. The plastic in the back area does seem to scratch up easily.

Good luck.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kemo,
Oh my gosh, that lady will kick my a$$.

How bout this one instead. Strong and packs a punch in Alias.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
RUFIO said:
kemo,
Oh my gosh, that lady will kick my a$$.

How bout this one instead. Strong and packs a punch in Alias.

Actually, RUFIO, I just read another post from you (about shoveling snow) and have decided this girl is closer to your wife's frame right about now... Congratulations!!!!! :4: :29:

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
I purchased the cargo liner and returned it. I didn't like it. Velcro all over the place, covered the top of the second row (looked terrible on the saddle interior), and flap you mention is attached to the main piece.

If you carry a lot of nasty stuff with the second row down, and have a dark interior, then you might like it. If you rarely put the second row down, and frequently put the third row up and down, you may find a better option.

The material used seemed tough enough to withstand some punishment.

I'd suggest that you get the installation instructions from one of the honda parts resellers such as www.hondacruraworld.com and see what you think.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Re: Liner is not worth the $

rajones said:
The extra flap is connected to the main liner by yet more velcro (although it is stitched together). You can put the third row seats up with the liner installed, but I don't think you could use just the extra flap - Well, unless separated the flap from the rest of the liner and rigged up more stick on velcro somewhere at the back bumper area to connect the flap to.
You can put the 2nd row seats up or down with the liner installed. The third row seats must be folded to install the liner.

To use the bumper cover by itself you could put some velcro down and attach the bumper cover piece to the plastic strip you're trying to protect. Added benefit is that it protects the inside of the rear door when it's closed.

I scratched that area loading a cardboard box with big staples in it. One on the staples was sticking out with a sharp edge, and it gouged the plastic. (Ouch!, Expletive!)

The liner looks to be a water-proof barrier, and looks like Kevlar. That's it, it must be bullet-proof to have cost so darn much. ;^)

--Jay

1 - 9 of 9 Posts