Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a POS. I bought it from Handa accessories, and man I returned it as soon as I got it. I recommend no one buy this thing. It's real cheap and thin and it looks like it would rip very easy. Anyone have a recommendation to protect the floor in the back from my Labrador? Something cheap. Right now I am using an old blanket.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Definitely go with the cargo tray. Had mine since I got the Pilot and wouldn't trade it for anything.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Cargo Tray Group Buy!!

Be sure to put something down for pup to lay on. Tray is very hard for durability! :29:

I have one of those big round doggie beds that looks like a giant pillow. My 2 are small so it works for me.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Even i returned it . The material was too pricey for that quality . I think a blanket is a better idea or a cargo tray .

·
Registered
7 Posts
cargo tray

hello, i am new to this site and just recently joined. how can i find out about the information on the group purchase that you are all taking about.

thanks

·
Registered
964 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
grant said:
hello, i am new to this site and just recently joined. how can i find out about the information on the group purchase that you are all taking about.

thanks
Welcome Grant!

And while you're "linking" ;) , stop over at the Vin Table Thread & post your Pilot info! Then you'll be "official"! :p :2:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I got the cargo liner and I have to agree the material and workmanship is poor.

after three days one of the tabs that afixes the liner to the second row seats tore off, and this is without moving the seat or subjecting to any stress.

I do like the fit of the liner, the apron is going to be useful in keeping the dog from scratching the bumper, but the liner is single stiched and clearly won't last long.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Geo, you may want to send wwong a pm asking for some 3M product to replace the velcro stuff that came with the liner. He's like Jeff Spikoli's dad, he can fix anything.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Who is Jeff Spikoli?
Here's a quick fix for everyone who has the OEM cargo liner. If the velcro keeps lifting away from the interior trim, use 3M 94 Primer. It comes in these little ampules. You should still be able to reuse the velcro unless it has lost all its tack. Just apply the primer to the velcro adhesive and to the interior trim. Apply with a little pressure. Let it sit 24 to 48 hours. Then try removing the velcro. You'll find it difficult to remove! All you need is a couple of ampules. Cost is .75 each. If anyone is interested, send me a PM. I also have replacement velcro if you need that too.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Here's what the 3M 94 primer ampules look like. Just crush the dot and squeeze. There is a felt tip at one end of the ampule.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
wwong said:
Who is Jeff Spikoli?
...snip

Whoever he is, he has to be good at what he does to be mentioned in the same post with wwong and protection products. :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Jeff Spicoli

1982 - Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Starring: Sean Penn
A story of a group of California teenagers who enjoy malls, sex and rock n' roll

Attachments

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Re: Jeff Spicoli

rtrypilot said:
1982 - Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Starring: Sean Penn
A story of a group of California teenagers who enjoy malls, sex and rock n' roll
:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
111 Posts
smurray said:
Geo, you may want to send wwong a pm asking for some 3M product to replace the velcro stuff that came with the liner. He's like Jeff Spikoli's dad, he can fix anything.
no problems with the velcro. my problem is with the liner itself. there are four tabs which are inserted into the second row seats. one tore off after a couple days use, and incredibly it is single stitched...as is the whole liner.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anyone have experience with the Husky large cargo tray (they call it a liner) that covers from the 2nd seat back? Does it fit the Pilot well?

http://truckxpressions.com/truckaccessories/interioraccessories/huskyliners05.htm

So far I haven't had any response to this question from the folks at truckexpressions.

The OEM tray is too small for my needs. I'm getting my Pilot in a couple of days and ordered the cargo liner. I see it mainly as protection from dog hair which doesn't vacuum well in cargo areas (learned this from the Toyota), and for protecting the door side leather from scratches.

I'm putting a blanket down over the liner and I'm thinking about the extra protection a cargo tray would offer (especially if the liner is flimsy) but it has to cover the area from the 2nd seat back (2 large dogs).

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts