Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'ts kind of hard to tell from the pictures, but does the cargo liner extend up the sides of the cargo area and the rear of the second seats? Does it cover up the sub woofer?

The cargo cover looks like it could be a good idea. If you lay the second seats flat and want to haul something large, is it easy to remove the cover completely? Thanks, James.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Jim Bob said:
I'ts kind of hard to tell from the pictures, but does the cargo liner extend up the sides of the cargo area and the rear of the second seats? Does it cover up the sub woofer?

The cargo cover looks like it could be a good idea. If you lay the second seats flat and want to haul something large, is it easy to remove the cover completely? Thanks, James.
I don't have the liner but here's a pic. As you can see it does cover the sides and the rear of the second row seat. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Jim Bob said:
Here are some pictures and a discussion about installing and removing the cargo cover.

It can be easily installed and removed from the cargo area, but it is a bit trickier to remove it from the storage compartment under the "trap door".

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Jim Bob said:

Can't be done. Bring a blanket or something. Even when the second seat is up there is a bout a 1/2" inch area visible behind the second seat. The cargo cover is also a bit of a nusciance to retract and pull back. I am sure with practice I'll get better at it.

I am not sorry I bought it but wanted to be sure you were aware of these problems before you plunked down you cash.

One last thing. You must retract the third row seats or they hold the cargo cover up preventing it from hiding the cargo.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Re: Re: cargo liner and cover questions

florida_guy said:
Can't be done. Bring a blanket or something. Even when the second seat is up there is a bout a 1/2" inch area visible behind the second seat...
Normally it's more like 2 or 3 inches. However, you can reline the 2nd row seats and close the gap between the seats and the cargo cover.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Re: Re: cargo liner and cover questions

Jim Bob said:
florida_guy said:
Can't be done. Bring a blanket or something. Even when the second seat is up there is a bout a 1/2" inch area visible behind the second seat. The cargo cover is also a bit of a nusciance to retract and pull back. I am sure with practice I'll get better at it.

I am not sorry I bought it but wanted to be sure you were aware of these problems before you plunked down you cash.

One last thing. You must retract the third row seats or they hold the cargo cover up preventing it from hiding the cargo.
:confused:
Somebody (maybe me) is confused by the original question or the answer. The cargo cover is easy to remove. It's spring loaded and it pops right out of the "holes" in the sides of the interior. (Although angling it out the back of the vehicle is a bit tricky.) There are two possible positions: one behind the second row (for when only the third row is down) and one behind the third row (for when all seatbacks are up).

Another point: only the cargo cover OR the rear headrests can be stowed in the rear storage compartment, but not both. I rarely use the third row seats, so the rear headrests are always stowed. When I put the second row seatbacks down, the cargo cover fits perfectly on the floor between the doors. I don't know if that's intentional, but it's not obvious - my wife thought of it.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Re: Re: Re: cargo liner and cover questions

tim.s said:
Normally it's more like 2 or 3 inches. However, you can reline the 2nd row seats and close the gap between the seats and the cargo cover.
I figured that part out but even with the seats reclined it doesn't completely mesh together.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Re: Re: Re: cargo liner and cover questions

krygny said:
:confused:
Somebody (maybe me) is confused by the original question or the answer. The cargo cover is easy to remove. It's spring loaded and it pops right out of the "holes" in the sides of the interior. (Although angling it out the back of the vehicle is a bit trycky.) There are two possible positions: one behind the second row (for when only the third row is down) and one behind the third row (for when all seatbacks are up).

Another point: only the cargo cover OR the rear headrests can be stowed in the rear storage compartment, but not both. I rarely use the third row seats, so the rear headrests are always stowed. When I put the second row seatbacks down, the cargo cover fits perfectly on the floor between the doors. I don't know if that's intentional, but it's not obvious - my wife thought of it.
I agree with, understood, and concur with everything you said. :)

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: cargo liner and cover questions

florida_guy said:
I agree with, understood, and concur with everything you said. :)
Well, that was easy.:1:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts