Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with cargo covers, do you notice that the 3rd row seat belts get in the way of the cover? I think I read you can disconnect the belts to get them out of the way... is this true, or are the belts always in the way?

Thanks,

·
Registered
145 Posts
Jet-Pilot-64 said:
For those of you with cargo covers, do you notice that the 3rd row seat belts get in the way of the cover? I think I read you can disconnect the belts to get them out of the way... is this true, or are the belts always in the way?

Thanks,
Jet-Pilot-64: you can, and should, disconnect the seat belts before lowering the third row. It not only looks cleaner, and gets out of the way of things such as the cover, I also think that in the long haul disconnecting them will protect the seats (from permanent dents). You can use the metal part of the latch in the slot to release the belt, and then hang them in the back with the supplied clip.

--Bret

·
Registered
211 Posts
bret11 said:
You can use the metal part of the latch in the slot to release the belt, and then hang them in the back with the supplied clip.
I've left the belts in when the 3rd seats are down, and I can see your point about the dents. I agree with your suggestion, but I can't quite figure out what to do with the hanging belts, i.e. how to use the "supplied clip". Unless you mean leave them hanging. If so, would they not make noise when hitting the wall of the vehicle when in motion? Can you please post a picture of how you've done it? Thanks.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Cargo Cover

bret11 said:

Jet-Pilot-64: you can, and should, disconnect the seat belts before lowering the third row. It not only looks cleaner, and gets out of the way of things such as the cover, I also think that in the long haul disconnecting them will protect the seats (from permanent dents). You can use the metal part of the latch in the slot to release the belt, and then hang them in the back with the supplied clip.

--Bret
Excellent! Thanks, I'll try it out...

Mucho Appreciado

·
Registered
119 Posts

bkwon said:

I've left the belts in when the 3rd seats are down, and I can see your point about the dents. I agree with your suggestion, but I can't quite figure out what to do with the hanging belts, i.e. how to use the "supplied clip". Can you please post a picture of how you've done it? Thanks.
Here's a picture that was posted some time ago that should help - - I did mine a little differently - - After I installed the clip I slipped the ends into the slot between the upper and lower trim pieces (where the belt comes out). Between the clips and the fact that the ends of the belts are now 'fixed in place' mine do not move at all.

Sorry, I can't post a picture because I don't have a digital camera yet.

JJ

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
bkwon said:
OK. I got it. Thanks, guys, what would I do without you! Wish I have time to read every thread. Unless I miss it, the manual doesn't have an illustration on this point, but does mention "clip the small latch to the seat belt webbing" huh?? what's a "webbing"?

http://bkwon.dnsalias.com/pilot/p096.htm
Webbing:
From Webster's Dictionary

1. A strong, narrow, closely woven fabric used especially for seat belts and harnesses or in upholstery.

See http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=webbing

·
Registered
145 Posts
The clip is already attached to the seat belt. What raleighpilot is describing, I believe, is a modification that requires flipping the clip over so as to get the belt tighter when it is clipped in place (if you use the clips as is, you'll notice that the passenger belt hangs lower than the drivers belt). The webbing is just a fancy way of referring to the part of the seatbelt that comes out of the back of the car, up and through the holder attached to the rear pillar.

--Bret

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
bret11 said:
...The webbing is just a fancy way of referring to the part of the seatbelt that comes out of the back of the car, up and through the holder attached to the rear pillar.
Yep, the webbing is just the "belt" part of the seatbelt. ;)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

bret11 said:

--Bret
I disconnected the seatbelts as suggested. Works great! Thanks for the help. This site can be sooo helpful!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts