Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the 3rd row stored away of course, my cargo cover doesn't seem to cleanly pull accross the back of the car because the 3rd row seat belts squish it on the sides....

this is not a major problem, but just curious as to how this is supposed to work...

do the 3rd row side seatbelts stow away somewhere as well? (by the way, not referring to the ceiling seatbelt...the side seatbelts)...

thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
You have the ability to disconnect the side seat belts in the third row just like the center seatbelts. Once released, use the clip to stow it away (when fully retracted)

Hope this helps

·
Registered
20 Posts
hubby45251 said:
You have the ability to disconnect the side seat belts in the third row just like the center seatbelts. Once released, use the clip to stow it away (when fully retracted)

Hope this helps
I've wondered about this as well. What exactly do you mean by release the side belts? Is it by the upper mount or somehow on the lower mount, by the seat? And what clip do you use to stow it away? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
melandmal said:
I've wondered about this as well. What exactly do you mean by release the side belts? Is it by the upper mount or somehow on the lower mount, by the seat? And what clip do you use to stow it away? Thanks.
Look at the lower mount by the seat. There is a small notch in the plastic end piece were you can see the silver release. Use a key or the metal tung of the seat belt and press the silver release button.

The seat belt will disconnect from the seat and retract into the ceiling. Use the belt tongue and the endpoint of the connector to "lock in" to the ceiling storage.

I think there are pictures and descriptions in the manual. Both center shoulder belts in the two rear rows store in the ceiling the same way and the two outside belts in the third row store at the pilar.

Please note: when you want to re-connect the belt to the seat, make sure the arrows on the two pieces are aligned - again, see the manual.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks tim.s

You mean you actually want me to look at the manual? :) There's a novel concept. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try it out tomorrow. Cheers.

·
Registered
465 Posts
You definitely want to release those seat belts when you fold the seats down. If you place anything heavy on top of them, then the metal of the belt can mess up your seat. Use your key and put it in the slit of the seat belt. Just watch or it will pull up real fast and whack you in the face.

Also, if you don't want to look in the manual, one guy posted how to properly store the seat belts. Its almost an art as to how to fold the back ones so they don't hang. Do a search and you will find it. I would guess the last post on it would have been in October or around there if that helps.

Here, I went ahead and found it for you. There is a really good pic on this thread: http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1109.

·
Registered
20 Posts
catbert said:
Just watch or it will pull up real fast and whack you in the face.
Speaking from experience are we, catbert? Thanks for the link. That's exactly what I was looking for. This site is just too great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts