Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Card Eater

17K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  krygny 
#1 ·
My wife placed a credit card on top of the sliding cover in the center console area. Later, she slid the sliding cover towards the dash without first moving the card. When she did this, the door pushed the card underneath the cover and somewhere in a hidden area of the center console.

Does anyone have any clue as to how to get to this hidden area to recover the card?

Should the penalty for this be:

1. Relinquishment of her driving rights to the Pilot
2. Relinquishment of all credit cards since she obviously can't handle the responsibility.
3. All of the above
4. None of the above

#2 ·
Gordo...

The plastic trim along the bottom side of the console (from under the dash to about the middle of the console length) pops off pretty easily. Once you get this off, using a flashlight, you should be able to visualize the area under the console storage area. I expect that her card is either at the forward point of the console (i.e.- at the floor immediately under the dash) or perhaps under the forward section of the console itself.

Perhaps you could send your wife to a console operation certification course? :rolleyes:

Good luck!

#5 ·
My wife had her credit card stolen but I didn't report it because the theif charged less than she did each month.:D

#9 ·
0% interest

man your interest rate just went down!

New for 2004 Honda Pilot

Automatic payment reduction for any credit card you own
(Wish I had this on my 2003)

take care
rob

#12 ·
Re: Gordo...

ChiefPilot said:
The plastic trim along the bottom side of the console (from under the dash to about the middle of the console length) pops off pretty easily. Once you get this off, using a flashlight, you should be able to visualize the area under the console storage area. I expect that her card is either at the forward point of the console (i.e.- at the floor immediately under the dash) or perhaps under the forward section of the console itself.
I lost an expense check that is probably less that the dealer would charge to retreive it. I opened both plastic trim pieces on both sides for the console and could not find it . I put my hand under the center of the console and could not feel the sliding cover so I am not sure where the check was eaten to??? I may try to get a replacement if I can??? Any other suggestions how to get something out from under the cover?? Thanks for any replies
regards,
bob
sandman

#13 ·
Pilot black hole

I know there have been no posts on this thread in a while but it's still a very relevant topic. I also had a credit card go in and not come out with that slide in the center console. Here's what I did to retreive it:

Pull the plastic cover off both sides of the console (you need to remove the floor mats first). Once that's out of the way, you can pretty much see all the guts underneath it. Make sure you're on the driver's side - it's much easier access.

Anyway, you can "see" where stuff gets stuck in there. There is actually an extension of the shelf beyond where the slide goes and my credit card, 3 business cards and three gas receipts were all sitting on that shelf. A flashlight, screwdriver and a few taps of the slide door pushed them all to a point where I could grab them.

One gas receipt was from 2003 when gas was $1.86 a gallon......that hurt.

#14 ·
Re: Pilot black hole

bengelking said:
I know there have been no posts on this thread in a while but it's still a very relevant topic. I also had a credit card go in and not come out with that slide in the center console. Here's what I did to retreive it:

Pull the plastic cover off both sides of the console (you need to remove the floor mats first). Once that's out of the way, you can pretty much see all the guts underneath it. Make sure you're on the driver's side - it's much easier access.

Anyway, you can "see" where stuff gets stuck in there. There is actually an extension of the shelf beyond where the slide goes and my credit card, 3 business cards and three gas receipts were all sitting on that shelf. A flashlight, screwdriver and a few taps of the slide door pushed them all to a point where I could grab them.

There is a BP station a few miles up the road from my house that closed and is now a car lot. They still haven't taken down the gas sign - it says regular is $1.89......memories, like the corner of my mind, misty water colored memories........

#15 ·
xyzzy said:
I would see the car eating my wife's credit cards as a "feature". Don't ask questions, just tell her it's gone.

Chris
That is funny funny stuff!!!! Funniest thread I have read on here in a while............lol. :p

#17 ·
#18 ·
xyzzy said:
I would see the car eating my wife's credit cards as a "feature". Don't ask questions, just tell her it's gone.

Chris
I totally agree with this response!!! Especially after you get the card out and destroy.

#19 ·
My Honda "PIRATE"

Once again, this site has saved me!

My "pirate" (as referred to by my 2 year old son) ate a photo card from my camera. Normally this wouldn't be such a big deal, but this card had 100+ pictures of my mom's surprise 65th bday. Something that is irreplaceable!

After reading this thread, I went out to the Pilot and pulled off those thingy's you were talking about. Then, with my trusty flashlight, I spotted the card wedged between some doomaflatchees under the console. I can not tell you how HAPPY this made me...and will make my mom when I call her in about 5 minutes!

My husband said I should get a job at Honda. Yeah, right. Perhaps if I brush up on my terminology a bit.

As an added bonus, there was some kind of filter on the driver's side that was covered in lint, so I got to clean that out. I have no idea what that was for, but it's good and clean now.

The only disappointment I had was that I was hoping to find some buried treasure along with the card. Oh well...a girl can dream!

THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU!!!!!

P.S. all the credit card comments are a hoot!

#20 ·
Re: My Honda "PIRATE"

Cinderalie said:
Once again, this site has saved me!

My "pirate" (as referred to by my 2 year old son) ate a photo card from my camera. Normally this wouldn't be such a big deal, but this card had 100+ pictures of my mom's surprise 65th bday. Something that is irreplaceable!

After reading this thread, I went out to the Pilot and pulled off those thingy's you were talking about. Then, with my trusty flashlight, I spotted the card wedged between some doomaflatchees under the console. I can not tell you how HAPPY this made me...and will make my mom when I call her in about 5 minutes!

My husband said I should get a job at Honda. Yeah, right. Perhaps if I brush up on my terminology a bit.

As an added bonus, there was some kind of filter on the driver's side that was covered in lint, so I got to clean that out. I have no idea what that was for, but it's good and clean now.

The only disappointment I had was that I was hoping to find some buried treasure along with the card. Oh well...a girl can dream!

THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU!!!!!

P.S. all the credit card comments are a hoot!
You cleaned off the filter for the intake to the thermistor for the rear seat air conditioning. You did a little preventative maintenance without even knowing it!! That little piece won't burn out now in the future for you.

Good job!!
Tom

#21 ·
Black Hole

There are several posts and pictures on how to remove the driver side lower center console panel. Its easy I've done it. Why?

If you put more then 7 CD's into the center console then close the sliding lid you will then be able to open it only half way because you will have slid one cd case into the black hole. BAD very very BAD

#22 ·
Gordo said:

Should the penalty for this be:

1. Relinquishment of her driving rights to the Pilot
2. Relinquishment of all credit cards since she obviously can't handle the responsibility.
3. All of the above
4. None of the above
Why should your wife be punished? If you had you fed your own credit card to the Pilot, maybe it would not be so hungry to eat your wife's.:D

Remember, Pilot is a member of your family, it needs some spending money (or credit card) too!:2:

#23 ·
Re: Pilot black hole

bengelking said:

:needpics:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.