Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start with the "Car horror stories"...I seen it all since I worked at one for 3 years in college.

How about the time(s) the brushes grab the power antenna and yank it out by the roots?

How about the one where the brushes grabbed a "dealer license plate", snagged it in a brush and Washed a new Cadillac with the License Plate? Ker-bang, ker-bang, ker-bang.....ker-$$$$

How about the one where a Hydraulic hose breaks and bathes the car in a nice bright red fluid that runs out of cracks for months? (Zaino protect from that?)

How about jumping the tracks and bashing in the fender? (we had a roller jack to put 'em back in the tracks)

How about the one where the bird flew in the blower/dryer and plastered the car with guts and feathers?

·
Registered
919 Posts
How about the one where I wash my cars at home so I don't end up in any of the horror stories mentioned above? :D

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
OMG! Wasn't afraid of these things before tonight :eek: !

·
Registered
919 Posts
Someone I work with had their windshield shattered because a small chain was wound up in the spinning brushes that clean the hood, roof, and trunk. The best they could figure is that it got picked up out of the back of a pickup, but they weren't sure (the wash even had signs prohibiting pickups from going through). It also put some nasty scratches and small dents on her car.

Scary!

Chris

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
One time I went through a brushless car wash and paid for the whole custom service and they forgot to Black Magic my tires !!!

:eek:

PrG

·
Registered
494 Posts
Bird burgers Anyone??? Extra Feathers!! :2:

For Me it was when my Wife took our Trooper to a Wise Guys car wash here in Phoenix. The guy who checks the car out before sending it through forgot to put down my antenna. The carwash broke the bottom of it. My wife didn't notice it until a few days later. It seems one of the carwash employees shoved it back into place, so it looked fine. We didn't have a leg to stand on because it happened a few days before and there was no proof. I've never been back there again, and I only hand wash it myself or use a touchless.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
OK - so are we saying there are NO touchless horror stories?
:confused:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One Touchless gripe

Some of the touchless ones have blowers at the end. You actually drive out real slow under them as they blow. Couple times there was Ice near the exit under the blower, and when you exit real slow, you get stuck. ONe time, my car got stuck then the front drive started to torque steer me sideways into a steel pole. I was lucky enough to stop before bashing in the fender. I had a heck of a time getting out...finally pushed it out.

So, if there is ICE, I just don't use the blower...I just cruise out with some Momentum.

Now the Pilot, with AWD, should not slip, cause the back wheels will "push" you out.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Broken Antennas

Like I said earlier...I worked at a car wash during college. We broke antennas by the dozens. We actually STOCKED 15-20 replacement antennas in the back room and repaired on site.
Some were as good as original OEM's, but Then their were cheap "slide-on's with set screws". Amazing how many people did not care about the crummy replacement.

·
Registered
119 Posts
it's not the touchless car washes that get me.............it's the losers with the rags they use over and over and over and over and over to "dry" the cars. The touchless car wash sometimes won't get all the dirt on the cars.............so when they"dry" off the cars, the SAME rags pick up all the dirt and SCRATCHES your car!!!!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hahahahaha!:p ;) Reminds me of when we stopped at a "Do-it-yourself" Car Wash with the S2000's. While I was unable to get my bay to work, since everything you could ever imagine was crammed inside the coin slot. My good friend got a wash for his S2000 and himself!:D :p

What a crappy place! Take a look at these pics!

We later drove over 10 miles away to find a much better place! $2.00 for 5 minutes, but well worth it!:p

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
More Car Wash Stories

After working at the car wash for 3 years, I think I could have added some scripts to the Car Wash Movie.

Some People related stories:

We had some couples that thought our Car wash was a tunnel of Love...but they only had 30 seconds....never seen anyone get too far.

We had one particular female exibitionist...we used to FIGHT for the rights to dry her car at the end.

We had a woman in a mini skirt at the vacuum.

We refused to wash a pick up because he had just hauled a truck load of manure.

We had a kid that worked with us that poured gasoline in the reclaim pit under the cars and then lit a match....lighting up the whole car wash...perhaps 40 feet.

We had Grease Gun Fights inside the building to kill the time.

When we cleaned the reclaim pit, we drank Whiskey and smoked Cigars to cover the stench.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts