Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 05 Honda pilot. It's been a few months of when I first started the car it would die at the first stop. It would go 2 miles an hour for a lil and then it would drive fine. Slowly getting more frequent. So I've changed plugs and now it'll crank but wont start. I get a yellow spark and my understanding is they should be blue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I have a 05 Honda pilot. It's been a few months of when I first started the car it would die at the first stop. It would go 2 miles an hour for a lil and then it would drive fine. Slowly getting more frequent. So I've changed plugs and now it'll crank but wont start. I get a yellow spark and my understanding is they should be blue.
I've tested the resistance of my coils and they all read 1186 which is in the said resistance range of 6-1100. I've tested the fuses and replaced what ones that needed. Got new plugs. The old ones were fouled. So some new seals are most likely going to be purchased. Ive cleaned the fuel injectors gotten a code reader by autozone and it said valve adjustment all six misfire. First cylinder isn't firing. When I take out the spark plug and expect a drop in the idle power it stays the same when it did run. Unlike all the others. I've gone through and cleaned the grounds I've found to make sure I don't have a short in the ground. Help!! Lol I'm at a loss. I'll be doing a compression test here soon.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,189 Posts
1186 is out of range for the coil pack if 6 to 1100 is the range it should be.
Have you tried getting codes read with a Honda specific scan tool? I don’t believe the ones at the auto parts stores will read manufacturer specific codes.

·
Registered
11,506 Posts
Are battery and alternator tested and working properly? When I see yellow I'm thinking a lack of power. Did you buy Original Equipment spark plugs? Honda's can be sensitive to different brands and they may not be performing adequately.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Battery is good, I haven't tested the alternator, I've learned just today they should be iridium? I've talked to Honda and without going to get a diagnostics test he thinks it's a timing belt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts