Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys quick question.

The other day I was driving w/ my friend and we stopped in the middle of a slope thing. I assumed that the car would continue rolling up so i took my foot off the gas. But it actually rolled backwards. so i stepped the gass and zoomed forward *scary experience*. Is this normal?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Where do you get the honda tech news? is there a web site this looks like a scanned newsletter or somthing ?

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
NHTSA just started posting PDF versions of *some* TSBs and tech news items. Some of them are incorrectly catalogued (for example, there are a few FORD items in the Acura and Honda lists; there are even some Honda motorcycle items in there, and they shouldn't be). Nonetheless, better than nuttin'!

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tsb/index.cfm

IMO, checking info on the 02 MDX will yield more/better information that the 03 Pilot @ this point.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Now that you mention it.
Yes, mine does roll backward on hill. I also drive a Trooper with a standard transmission, so I have gotten used to the "rolling backward on hills" thing, so I didn't even realize that the Pilot was doing the same thing. I just lightly gave it gas to "balance it" on the hill, without even thinking about it. Just as I would have in the Trooper before accelerating up the hill.

Funny how I didn't pick that up, until I read this thread. :bonk:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts