Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2016 touring pilot and yesterday I was stopped at a 4 way waiting for my turn. When I went to and hit the gas the entire car shut off and it went into neutral. It turned on about a minute later. I went to Honda to buy a battery thinking that's the issues because its near 6 years old. the guy at the desk said it wasn't a battery problem but something else. Does anyone know the issue?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
i have a 2016 touring pilot and yesterday I was stopped at a 4 way waiting for my turn. When I went to and hit the gas the entire car shut off and it went into neutral. It turned on about a minute later. I went to Honda to buy a battery thinking that's the issues because its near 6 years old. the guy at the desk said it wasn't a battery problem but something else. Does anyone know the issue?
Did you ask him what he thought it was or at least how to fix it?

Without knowing more, a wild guess is the transmission might need some looking at. Any way to check for codes?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Is that your original battery? If so, your do a new battery. Many people with that problem had their battery replaced and all was good. Even thou the original battery tested good.

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
Were you using the Idle Stop Start? These are known to glitch. We have had others say the same thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Without knowing more, a wild guess is the transmission might need some looking at. Any way to check for codes?
only thing he said was that because its a touring model it has a battery that's near impossible to fail.

I checked for codes and ABS and ACC flashed on the screen but those problems didn't show up on the code reader.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is that your original battery? If so, your do a new battery. Many people with that problem had their battery replaced and all was good. Even thou the original battery tested good.
the guy at the dealership was 100% confident that it wasn't a battery problem. i'm gonna go to my local shop to get it checked out

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
the guy at the dealership was 100% confident that it wasn't a battery problem. i'm gonna go to my local shop to get it checked out
I'd be confident in saying a 6 year old original battery would be the need. For some, the idle stop start feature causing the need for roadside assistance has made some aware that they need a new battery.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have a 2016 touring pilot and yesterday I was stopped at a 4 way waiting for my turn. When I went to and hit the gas the entire car shut off and it went into neutral. It turned on about a minute later. I went to Honda to buy a battery thinking that's the issue because it's near 6 years old. the guy at the desk said it wasn't a battery problem but something else. Does anyone know the issue?
I have 2016 Touring and the car failed to start. The original battery was replaced almost 2 years ago. The battery in question is from NAPA. I took it down to have it checked out. They said the cranking capacity is there but the voltage is low so they are charging it to see if it holds the charge. If the battery is good then I need to take it to the dealer to have the charging system checked out. The problem with these new cars is that there is no prior warning that the battery is going bad..It just quits.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts