Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone is different and everyone can afford different car payments, but I was just curious what the average payment is out there? I know some of you can afford to buy the Pilot cash...not me.

Also, what's a good interest rate?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Online sources such as e-loan.com or peoplefirst.com offer 3.49% for 36 mos or 3.99 for 48 or more as of 7/4/03. Our dealer was able to hook us up with 3.59 for 48 mos. and they probably made a half point on that. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
best auto loan interest rate

Hi all,

I am planning to get a pilot real-soon-now(TM), and just got preapproved for an auto loan through costco @ 3.14% for 36 months. You need to be a costco member to qualify, but $100 executive membership fee will pay for itself (or $45 for regular membership, but rate will be .1% higher) even if you are not a member and have to sign up for it.

Costco auto finance program (www.peoplefirst.com/pff/landing_costco.cfm) is through peoplefirst.com which has a good track record from what I gather.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I'd second the peoplefirst recommendation. Had a loan commitment from them, which was similar to the rates quoted by eLoan, and offered the Honda finance manager the opportunity to beat the rate. They did and I saved a couple more $.

Get your loan commitment now - you'll have 30(?) days to use the check they send you - and the date can be extended. Rates are creaping up and since there's no cost to apply, may as well lock in your rate now.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
jcard71 said:
I know everyone is different and everyone can afford different car payments, but I was just curious what the average payment is out there? I know some of you can afford to buy the Pilot cash...not me.

Also, what's a good interest rate?
My wallet is STRETCHED by our payment of $465/mo
We are a single income family of 5, and we're still making it work.
We put $8,000 down on it with 3.49% for 60 mos.

I'd say anything in the 4% APR and under is GOOD for Honda.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I'm paying $432 per month (including tax) but that is for a lease AND I had to roll over $2,000 in payments from my other car lease (just about to go over mileage!). Without the roll-over my payments would have been in the $300s :3:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Sounds like a good reason not to lease!

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
my payments are $372. Have a 5year loan at 4.3 % from honda finance

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
ramirami said:
my payments are $372. Have a 5year loan at 4.3 % from honda finance
Nice!
Someone wrote a nice big "Pilot down!" payment check. Unless you paid a lot less for yours out the door.

How is Mrs. Ramirami? Little one putting her through agony yet? Help her put her shoes on yet? I'm feeling for her right now, not so long ago I was in her situation.

Any day now daddy! Mrs. Pilot4bikinghad their little boy 2 weeks early. Be ready :)

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
74PILOTMOM said:

Nice!
Someone wrote a nice big "Pilot down!" payment check. Unless you paid a lot less for yours out the door.

How is Mrs. Ramirami? Little one putting her through agony yet? Help her put her shoes on yet? I'm feeling for her right now, not so long ago I was in her situation.

Any day now daddy! Mrs. Pilot4bikinghad their little boy 2 weeks early. Be ready :)

MY loan was $20K. So no I did not pay "lot less " for the pilot ;)

The Mrs cannot wait to get the Kid out of her:rolleyes: . I put on shoes but luckly its Summer and its shoes are only worn to go to the Gym (phew!!!)

Guess the men will kill me for letting this thing out but here goes...it has been found that when the baby is born depends on a gene inherited form Dad....so the bottom line is that if the baby is late I am in trouble :( :(

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Okay, my husband's in big trouble then. I was 2 weeks late with my last. But 1 week early with my first. You just never know. (My babies all have the same Daddy BTW ;) )

Okay, good to know about the car payment. I was starting to feel like I got Sc#$#ed. I paid $30,580 for an EX-L with absolutely no accessories. (before hideous WA taxes) For this area and the time that I bought it, it wasn't bad. Judging from this website, I look like a dang fool. Some of you paid like 2K less than I did, for one with lots of accessories. I've seen Texans get the best deals. Not too many cowboys want to drive Hondas down there I guess. I should've flown down there and driven back for pete's sake.

Oh well, she's worth the $ stress.:4:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
ramirami said:

[snipped]

...it has been found that when the baby is born depends on a gene inherited form Dad....so the bottom line is that if the baby is late I am in trouble :( :(
Then how come our first child was late and our second child was early? Wouldn't they both be one or the other?

Hmmm - wonder if my "delivery gene" is bi :confused:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
sfhondapilot said:

Then how come our first child was late and our second child was early? Wouldn't they both be one or the other?

I dont know the details..my wife read about it (she is interested in genetics and stuff).... I am not going to go argue with a 8.5 month pregnent wife (I have more sence than that)....;) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
461 Posts
After you get your PeopleFirst blank loan check, if the dealer offers a lower rate....call PeopleFirst back again and they will beat the dealer offered rate. I thought the PeopleFirst rate was good, then found out it was even less because we are Costco members. Then the dealer beat that rate, then PeopleFirst undercut them by another .2% or so. I love getting a bargain!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
sfhondapilot said:

Or, there's the other possibility... ;)

Getting back to the original topic... it doesn't really help to know what anyone else's payments are, unless you know how much they financed. Unless you're just curious, that is. :)

BTW, I'm paying about $320/5.99%/60 mo for my CR-V. If I had been able to buy a Pilot instead, with the same terms and same down payment, I'd be paying about $480.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought my Pilot over Memorial Day Weekend, got the 2.9% rate for 60 months. Payments ended up being 435 a month....not so bad for an awesome SUV....Honda has the 2.9 deal all the time--as long as u have a good FICO score, your'e in....Good Luck!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Damn! I think I beat everyone here with our payment. $525 a month, nothing down, 5.25% (back before rates dropped for like the umpteenth time), 6 whopping years, baby!

hey, what the wife wants, the wife gets.

We had to pay cash out the nose just to get her out of her Forester that she decided she didn't want to drive anymore.

Personally, I just think she didn't like me having a nicer car with a higher payment ($433 through peoplefirst on my volvo). :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok, now I know I have EVERYONE beat!

Our payment is $660 a month with 4.9% on a 5 year loan. We put nothing down because we took our trade-in cash and paid off our other vehicle. So we only have 1 vehicle payment.

We opted for the Pilot EX with DVD and leather seats. For extra's we got the running boards, sun roof, bug deflector, and luggage rack. I think the total financed was ~$34,900.

If anyone beats this I'll feel sorry for them!

Oh, BTW, this is the wifes vehicle. Call me a sucker...

:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I believe your FICO score had to be 720 or higher to qualify for the 2.9 financing....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts