Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just purchased a one owner 2009 Honda Pilot Touring and so far I'm loving it. Just got it fully detailed. Picked it up for $5,500 with 140K miles.

I just received my SVCM disabler and will be replacing a map light bulb next.

I plan on doing the light maintenance on the car myself. I'm looking forward to learning more on the site (and yes, will attempt to use the search function before asking any questions).

I've had Honda Preludes and currently own a Honda Fit for my daily. I actually like the Pilot better than my 2016 Fit. I think it's time to sell the Fit and add something else to the stable.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Looks good! I see the Autogeek flag... what is your product lineup for the Pilot?

Once I finish all of the prep stages, I like to use Opti-Seal topped with Collinite 845. I give the roof a double Opti-Seal since there's less of a chance I'm going to do the roof on an in-between wax.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good! I see the Autogeek flag... what is your product lineup for the Pilot?

Once I finish all of the prep stages, I like to use Opti-Seal topped with Collinite 845. I give the roof a double Opti-Seal since there's less of a chance I'm going to do the roof on an in-between wax.
Because there was so much work to be done on this car, I let a professional handle it. It had a lot of scratches and old throw-up in the back. They actually removed the seats/carpet from both rows in the back.

I would like to learn more about detailing in the future though. I know they used QP-ON 2 and 3 on the car. Another detailer I used to use was a big fan of Gtechniq.

Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1988 red Prelude was my all-time favorite car to own & drive !!!
The old school four wheel steering was amazing. I miss both generations I had. It's been so long, I can't remember the years off the top of my head. I think I had an 88 and a 95.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts