Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to purchase a code reader tool. I’d prefer one that has an app where I can use it through my iphone. I’m assuming these tools can be used on all makes and models. Does anyone have experience with the Bluedriver LSB2 ($100)? Can someone recommend one?

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,315 Posts
iPhone or android?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I’m looking to purchase a code reader tool. I’d prefer one that has an app where I can use it through my iphone. I’m assuming these tools can be used on all makes and models. Does anyone have experience with the Bluedriver LSB2 ($100)? Can someone recommend one?
I got the Bluedriver just because it works with my iPhone, but it's pretty limited in what it will monitor real time. Case in point, I wanted to monitor my atf temp in real time to see what effect it had on an intermittent low speed shudder, but that pretty basic function wasn't supported. What you get and how much to spend depends on what you want it for. I got a Foxwell, and it does quite a bit for the price but for the greatest functionality on that model you need to buy additional software updates for each vehicle you own (or want to test). They give you your choice of one at initial purchase. Both will clear codes if that's all you're after. I think the Foxwell was a couple hundred bucks but you can spend a grand or more if you want the most functionality with the widest variety of cars.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,166 Posts
It’s not cell phone app based, but I have been extremely pleased with the Foxwell NT520 Pro that I purchased last year. I purchased it with the Honda/Acura option for $180. It supports an additional four vehicle makes at ~$60 per make.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts