1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Have ANYONE tried car consultant/broker company such as :
http://www.autopurchaseconsulting.com/
They claimed they could help me to search nation wide car dealer for best price of any new cars (even pilot and MDX) for close to dealer invoice. They are located in California and they mentioned car dealers in Texas (where I am) earn alot from hidden charges ! But my question is if there is a problem with the vehicle when I drive it for one day after signing the papers, who/where can I go to the car for ?
It sounds attractive to me, wonder if there is any catch...

Thanks.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
pwm88 said:
Hi,
Have ANYONE tried car consultant/broker company such as :
http://www.autopurchaseconsulting.com/
They claimed they could help me to search nation wide car dealer for best price of any new cars (even pilot and MDX) for close to dealer invoice. They are located in California and they mentioned car dealers in Texas (where I am) earn alot from hidden charges ! But my question is if there is a problem with the vehicle when I drive it for one day after signing the papers, who/where can I go to the car for ?
It sounds attractive to me, wonder if there is any catch...

Thanks.
Car brokers are helpful, but more so when you are looking for a great price on a easy to find car, or any price on a hard to find car.
The Pilot and MDX fall in between so I am not sure if they can get you much off.

A few warnings;
1) Run if the car is already titled in another person/company's name.

2) Run faster if the car is Grey Market and you did not specifically ask for a Grey market car.

2) Run like heck if the title is not clean, or there is any discrepancy between the description on the title and the vehicle as delivered new from Honda (Wrong Color, wrong factory options, reconstructed title, Inconsistent Mileage, etc)

·
Registered
54 Posts
You can do virtually the same thing thru www.carsdirect.com I've had very good luck with them. They guarantee their prices, and when they call you just tell them where you are willing to go to get the car and they will search those areas as well.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Just email Honda dealers and ask for the best price yourself. Someone here bought recently for $250 over invoice. But, if you do buy a new Honda through a service such that you mentioned, all Hondas come with a new car warranty. You can take it to your nearest dealer for service.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I emailed 6 dealers one day ... I got my EX for $275 over invoice. All 6 dealerships emailed me back and 2 had gone as low as $400 over invoice ... of those 2 dealers I emailed each the corresponding offer and one dealer came back with $275 over invoice. It took 2 days to complete the bidding for my businesss. Just watch out for the 'added' costs dealers tend add to the bill. When inquiring .. assuming you are buying w/o trade .... ask for an out the door price. Personally, I don't care what fees (if any) they add, it is what the final cost (w/tax, tags, etc) is for me to leave the dealership is what counts. I have done this 3 times already with a VW and a Porsche ... the most I have paid over invoice on any car has been $400. If you use a service to help in purchasing your car they will be paid a commission too by the dealer .. which is added back into the cost of the car. I tried a service once .. they came back with a higher price then what I had achieved on my own .. not much of a service. Good Luck ! !:D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Dude, go visit the edmunds forum...

I gotten ridden HARD for suggesting that SOME dealers are ALWAYS willing to sell even "in demand vehicles" for A LOT less than MSRP. Some of the folks in the "Ask A Dealer" thread went so far to say one of the 'top lies' is "what I paid for my new car".

I guess they are just trying to snow more folks into believing the DEMAND so far exceeds supply that we are LUCKY to only pay MSRP...

PS -- novell forever....

netgroupware said:
I emailed 6 dealers one day ... I got my EX for $275 over invoice. All 6 dealerships emailed me back and 2 had gone as low as $400 over invoice ... of those 2 dealers I emailed each the corresponding offer and one dealer came back with $275 over invoice. It took 2 days to complete the bidding for my businesss. Just watch out for the 'added' costs dealers tend add to the bill. When inquiring .. assuming you are buying w/o trade .... ask for an out the door price. Personally, I don't care what fees (if any) they add, it is what the final cost (w/tax, tags, etc) is for me to leave the dealership is what counts. I have done this 3 times already with a VW and a Porsche ... the most I have paid over invoice on any car has been $400. If you use a service to help in purchasing your car they will be paid a commission too by the dealer .. which is added back into the cost of the car. I tried a service once .. they came back with a higher price then what I had achieved on my own .. not much of a service. Good Luck ! !:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts