Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I have an 08 Pilot and I have never replaced a battery and have no idea what to look for. I live in Toronto where the temperature dips to -20 at times.

For the past few weeks, my batter keeps dying. Any suggestions for a good affordable battery?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
A Walmart EverStart Maxx battery in the 24F group size is typically most cost effective.

If you can't find one at a nearby store, then look for any available group size 24F battery with the highest CCA number rating. A minimum CCA rating of about 600 would be preferable. An AGM type battery is not necessary.

A Canadian Tire MOTOMASTER OEPLUS with a CCA of about 700 would be another option.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,237 Posts
Couldn't have said it better myself. I've been with option A recently, but it's good to have a decent Plan B.

All I can add is season to taste with dielectric grease. :)

As I walked past it in the lube aisle at Canadian Tire, the siren song of the dielectric grease beckoned.

As soon as I got home I generously lubed up the whole wazoo. I feel much better now. :)
View attachment 134544

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A Walmart EverStart Maxx battery in the 24F group size is typically most cost effective.

If you can't find one at a nearby store, then look for any available group size 24F battery with the highest CCA number rating. A minimum CCA rating of about 600 would be preferable. An AGM type battery is not necessary.

A Canadian Tire MOTOMASTER OEPLUS with a CCA of about 700 would be another option.

Thanks mate! The motomaster is close by and I will get exactly that.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,237 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts