Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
waiting4mypilot said:
Interesting comparison of the "Neither-Nors." I was prepared to be angry if the Pilot didn't come out on top, but... Never Mind! :4:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Re: Re: Car and Driver Comparison

Ziploc said:
Interesting comparison of the "Neither-Nors." I was prepared to be angry if the Pilot didn't come out on top, but... Never Mind! :4:
Hehe...was there any doubt? However, I think many a Moron-O owners will be up in arms about this comparo.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Read it last month ...

... in the "dead tree" edition of the magazine. No surprise the Pilot came out on top. Personally, I'd put the Highlander above the Murano.

I test drove the Highlander and found it comperable to the Pilot, but as we all know the Pilot is ... well ... you know. The only features I liked in the Highlander that I couldn't get in the Pilot were heated seats and separate rear opening glass. That's it.

I didn't even bother to test drive the Murano. I sat in it and I hated the interior styling. Cheesy looking stainless steel, minimalistic design, and one helluva blind spot. The blind spot is bad enough on most SUVs, but from the driver's seat in the showroom, it appeared downright dangerous. To be fair, again I didn't test drive it.

The exterior styling of the Murano is at least interesting and different. But I suspect it may lose its appeal over time. If I bought one, two years from now I'd be saying to myself "What the #$&% was I thinking?".

·
Registered
804 Posts
A friend of mine got shut down by an Acura dealer, and bought an Infinity FX35 instead. Other than being fast with tight handling, I don't see and 'utility' in that vehicle. It is so small, my Camry is like a Suburban compared to it. And $10,000 for their 'tech package...' gimme a break...

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: Read it last month ...

krygny said:
+++++
The exterior styling of the Murano is at least interesting and different. But I suspect it may lose its appeal over time. If I bought one, two years from now I'd be saying to myself "What the #$&% was I thinking?".
I don't think the Murano's exterior styling is going to "wear well" at all. At first, I was intrigued, but I'm starting to become annoyed with its appearance each time I spot one. :headshak: :headshak: :headshak:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Re: Re: Read it last month ...

Ziploc said:

I don't think the Murano's exterior styling is going to "wear well" at all. At first, I was intrigued, but I'm starting to become annoyed with its appearance each time I spot one. :headshak: :headshak: :headshak:
ya and the red interior does not go well with me...

·
Registered
409 Posts
Murano's styling!

At first I was really drawn to the photo's of the Murano and thought it was a great looking ride. Then I saw my first one and realized that some cars just look great in pictures but the styling is not hot in person. I think back to some past cars that looked great in pictures....but then they became jokes on the street.

Still lovin' our Pilot, in pictures and in person.

Don

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Re: Murano's styling!

dandbtucker said:
... some cars just look great in pictures...
Don
When I first saw pictures of the Pilot, I thought it looked like a Toyota Highlander with Honda badging. When I actually saw my Pilot sitting beside my Highlander (trade-in) I realized how deceiving the original pictures were.

While the Highlander is a vehicle with so-so looks that grew on me, the Pilot was beauty at first sight. My only regret, and a minor one at that, is that I bought the always good looking Starlight Silver, instead of the great looking when it's clean RedRock Pearl.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: Re: Murano's styling!

jay said:

When I first saw pictures of the Pilot, I thought it looked like a Toyota Highlander with Honda badging. When I actually saw my Pilot sitting beside my Highlander (trade-in) I realized how deceiving the original pictures were.

While the Highlander is a vehicle with so-so looks that grew on me, the Pilot was beauty at first sight. My only regret, and a minor one at that, is that I bought the always good looking Starlight Silver, instead of the great looking when it's clean RedRock Pearl.
Jay, the RedRock Pearl is definitely a beauty, but the key words here are "when it's clean." Same could be said for some other colors, too. It's probably just me, but my impression of cars, no matter what make or model, strikes me completely different depending on whether they're clean/shiny or noticeably dirty. The Burgundy Accord I used to own struck me as a thing of beauty when clean but "just another car" when dirty (plus, it seemed to be a dirt magnet!).

I think so many people buy the Starlight Silver because it almost always looks good, clean or dirty! In any event, the classy, classic lines of the Pilot show through, no matter what color!

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Re: Murano's styling!

jay said:

It took me a while, but I finally found the thread from last summer called Pilot vs. Highlander photos that shows havasu's Pilot with her friend's Highlander -- excellent comparison photos!!! :29:

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Murano's styling!

kemosabe said:

It took me a while, but I finally found the thread from last summer called Pilot vs. Highlander photos that shows havasu's Pilot with her friend's Highlander -- excellent comparison photos!!! :29:
I saw those photos before I ever saw a Pilot in real life and was stunned by how much bigger the Pilot is than the Highlander. I just went back and looked at those photos again and to my eye they just don't show the size difference. They are great for styling comparisons though. :29:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts