Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For no apparent reason, the car alarm went off on my Pilot. It just beeped and beeped and beeped until I reset the remote. I walk around the car and found nothing. Has this happened to anyone? Did I accidentally trigger the alarm with the remote in my pants pocket? Can't figure out what happened.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
That's never happened to me. It does sound like what you already have speculated; the button being pushed while the remote was in your pocket.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Happened to me 1 time. I think I hit tne panic alarm my mistake.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My wife and I have each set off the alarm with the keys in a pocket. It seems the panic button is a bit touchy.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Happens to me all the time. I have so many keys that it seems that one of them always finds their way to the little red button. I would actually like to disable that if I could. Any one know if it can be done?

·
Registered
483 Posts
wwong said:
For no apparent reason, the car alarm went off on my Pilot. It just beeped and beeped and beeped until I reset the remote. I walk around the car and found nothing. Has this happened to anyone? Did I accidentally trigger the alarm with the remote in my pants pocket? Can't figure out what happened.
It sounds like you already figured out what caused your alarm to go off. It has happened twice to me as well, seems I have too much stuff in my pockets and it hits the panic button on the remote. Both times this happened after 11 pm as I always go outside and make sure our cars are locked before going to bed, I'm sure my neighbors like that. :3: :3:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't have my Pilot yet, but on my GM truck, I was able to pop apart the remote and put a piece of electrical tape over the contacts (under the rubberized visible button). It would probably be similar.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had that problem in my Acura. Turns out, it was a faulty trunk sensor. When it was cold enough, the alarm would go off in the middle of the night.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yep, it happened to me, too and the remote was NOT in my pocket and I was no where near it. I think what may have set it off was that I reached through the open window to unlock the door. I had just gone to the garage to get something out of the car. I ran back in the house to get the key and tried everything to get it to turn off. The manual says it will shut off if your turn the key to the "on" position but that didn't work. I then tried turning the key in the door lock and it went off. It may have just gone off by itself but it sure seemed longer than 30 seconds, which the manual describes on pg. 85. I would also appreciate any information about this problem. Hope it doesn't happen again!

Linda

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Linda Curtis said:
I think what may have set it off was that I reached through the open window to unlock the door.

Linda
Yes, with the alarm on, if you manually unlock a door from inside, the alarm will sound. This is intended to prevent someone from using a slim-jim to mechanically unlock a door (if they're not already discouraged by the blinking light on the door lock). Even starting the car won't turn it off. You have to reset it with the remote or cycle a door lock with the key. Or, you can just wait. I don't know how long before it shuts off automatically, but I notice the horn gets lower in pitch after just a few beeps, sucking the battery.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Alarm

Thank you so much for the information, krygny. Do you know of any way to turn off this feature completely? Linda

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Re: Alarm

Linda Curtis said:
Thank you so much for the information, krygny. Do you know of any way to turn off this feature completely? Linda
Nope, not by just removing fuse. It's probably a function that's fairly well embedded in an electronic control module.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts