Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can one of you lucky owners answer this. Do the Pilot's interior lights "fade" to off or do they just simply turn off? Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it's just a nice touch. I have been in plenty of cars (even the new Explorer) where when you shut the door, instead of the interior lights just turning off, they quickly dim to off.

Another question, is the In-Vehicle Entertainment System screen motorized (either down or up or both)? Or, is there just a catch that you push and you have to manually flip the screen down? Thanks!

·
Registered
919 Posts
RES display is manual flip down.

·
Registered
65 Posts
chartster~

The lights don't turn off immediately....they stay on for several moments (maybe 30-60 seconds). I can't see any benefit to a "fade" beyond the extra time.

The RES system is manual and has several locking points so that you can change the angle of the screen depending on it only the second seat or both second & third seats are viewing. IMHO, I'm manual is superior to motorized - one less moving part to break & easier to position on behalf of the kiddos.

Tasha

·
Registered
111 Posts
Exactly, the fade just looks slicker, like dimming the lights before the show... no real benefit

·
Registered
991 Posts
SkyPilot said:
Exactly, the fade just looks slicker, like dimming the lights before the show... no real benefit
that's ok the PILOT will light up our life!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
gopilot said:

that's ok the PILOT will light up our life!

OK Rob... Inhale...exhale...inhale...exhale... It'll be here soon. "light up our life...???" You crack me up! :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
my 2002 CRV has the fade...no benefit although it looks cool (the first time or two at least)...Interesting that they don't have it on it's larger sibling

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You're right. It does look cool. It's a nice touch. Anybody know if it's something you can add aftermarket?

·
Registered
919 Posts
I'm not sure about the aftermarket, but to help you with any searches, I've always heard it referred to as "theater lighting."

Good luck.

Chris

·
Registered
116 Posts
chartster said:
You're right. It does look cool. It's a nice touch. Anybody know if it's something you can add aftermarket?
All you need is a simple capacitor circuit. Would cost you about $3 in parts at your local "Shack".

Heck, if there's a market for such things, I'll start producing them for $30 and make a killing ;)

- Ben

·
Registered
919 Posts
chartster said:
My only question about the above is if it works with lights that are already delayed or if it only works with systems where the lights shut off as soon as you close the door. Might not be an issue, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Great link, btw!

Chris

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm confused, why would anybody even waste the time or money to fade off thier lights? I honestly never sit back and wait to watch my lights turn off, kinda corny if you ask me. I guess those corny options are why so many people opt for a Explorer.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Cleverstupidity said:
I'm confused, why would anybody even waste the time or money to fade off thier lights? I honestly never sit back and wait to watch my lights turn off, kinda corny if you ask me. I guess those corny options are why so many people opt for a Explorer.
Everyone has their little things that they think are nice and would like to have. Differences in accessories are common and I see this as no more useful or useless than some other accessories. To each his own. Just because it doesn't interest you won't make it a "waste of time and money."

Chris

·
Registered
116 Posts
xyzzy said:

Everyone has their little things that they think are nice and would like to have. Differences in accessories are common and I see this as no more useful or useless than some other accessories. To each his own. Just because it doesn't interest you won't make it a "waste of time and money."

Chris
You got that right :p

I'm painting my calipers red like Hoppy this weekend. Call it a waste of $4 if you want :)

Btw, my take is the fader is that it wouldn't affect your delay from the Pilot. In other words, if we have a 10 second delay (not sure on actual) on the pilot for the lights to go off, the fader would add its own delay + fade, making it:

Pilot 10s + Fader 8s, then fade.

- Ben

1 - 20 of 21 Posts