Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the price, is there really any difference in Honda OEM accessories from the US or Canada? I saw this quote on a webdealers site...

The accessories we sell are only designed to work on US market cars. If you have them shipped by a 3rd party to outside of the US we can not warranty them or guarantee that they will fit or function properly.
I am planning to shop for OEM accessories across the border (it is so much cheaper), but this quote made me stop and wonder.

I am specifically wondering how different the US side steps would be on a Cdn Pilot.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Stick w/ mechanical hardware....

Things like side steps, mudflaps, etc. that don't involve wiring changes are probably pretty safe. Foglights, NAV, etc. are another story.

I wish I had your heated side mirrors?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Canadian Accessories

Hi bcgal where can I get Canadian accessories? What site?
Thanks

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
I would image most of them are the same.....

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
You can download a copy of all the Honda OEM accessories from www.hondacuraworld.com. Compare the instructions to the Canadian instructions, any differences, don't buy it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Wrong Wood Trim

Well, I once order Wood Trim from ebay, even in the email he stated it was both US and Canadian model. Well, he's F$%%^&G lied; it was Canadian model. I never been able to send him an email nor he ever reply to my email.

I lost $149 for that P/O/S.

The reason I ask about the Canadian site or accessories, because I was thinking about heated seat..

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Re: Wrong Wood Trim

Res-Pilot said:
Well, I once order Wood Trim from ebay, even in the email he stated it was both US and Canadian model. Well, he's F$%%^&G lied; it was Canadian model. I never been able to send him an email nor he ever reply to my email.
What is different about the interior surfaces that made the CA not fit the US?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I think the canadian pilot has a different center console piece for where the heated seat switches go.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Borg,

How about doing a side by side comparison on CA versus US pilots with pics inside and out?

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
here is a picture of the interior from www.honda.ca (honda canada web-site). Looks the same as the US model to me...

Attachments

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I woulda thought that there was only one difference between American and Canadian accessories. With the American version, you read the instructions, and install the accessory. With the Canadian version, you read the instructions, and install the accessory, eh.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
ramirami said:
here is a picture of the interior from www.honda.ca (honda canada web-site). Looks the same as the US model to me...
Immediately below the heating/cooling unit, the Canadian models have the heated seat switches. It's called heated seat control on the attached part listing:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
sfhondapilot said:

Immediately below the heating/cooling unit, the Canadian models have the heated seat switches. It's called heated seat control on the attached part listing:

yes but the OEM wood dash does not cover that part??

·
Registered
991 Posts
jay said:
I woulda thought that there was only one difference between American and Canadian accessories. With the American version, you read the instructions, and install the accessory. With the Canadian version, you read the instructions, and install the accessory, eh.
If you flip the instructions over you will have to be able to read French, eh. This is where you will get into trouble!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks All

Thanks, I will probably do some shopping tomorrow.

Res-Pilot, I have ordered some accessories from the Honda parts guy at The Hondaway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts