Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an interesting theory over in the VIN table thread
at http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=921.

It seems perhaps the Canadian Pilots, with the last six digits of the VIN 0xxxxx, might be in a different sequence from the US models, which are 5xxxxxx. Several later models of Canadian Pilots have build dates, say, of August, but VINs (last 5 digits, which we think are the the production numbers) that are very low.

Hey Canadian Pilot owners - can you help? What is your production date (exact if you know it, but it's in the door frame - see VIN table thread) and last six digits of your VIN? (And color & model, if it's not already posted).

MM/YY format for production date, in the VIN table, indicates info is from the door frame. Specific dates indicate dealer told owner the date, usually before delivery.

You can help if you cut and paste this template and replace it with your own:

VIN userid prodDate DelivDate Color Model Location
xxxxxx yyyyyy MM/YY mm/dd/yy white EXL-xxx Anytown, CA

·
Registered
664 Posts
Interesting. Maybe we need a Canadian and an American table!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Canadian VIN's

000539 dpmoore 05/02 07/19/02 Silver EXL-Calgary, CA

·
Registered
111 Posts
Canadian VINs

Here's mine...

002010 SkyPilot 07/02 08/22/02 SS EXL Ottawa, Ontario

I assume delivery date is the date we picked it up?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Canadian VINs

SkyPilot said:
I assume delivery date is the date we picked it up?
Yes, some people have the day it arrived on a truck but this is the only date that most people know...

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
"Honda recall
Sept. 4, 2002

Honda is recalling certain 2003 vehicles because a timing belt tensioner pulley on the water pump is misaligned. In Canada, approximately 2,000 vehicles could be involved. Models affected are the Acura CL, TL, MDX, Accord, Odyssey, and the Pilot.

The problem could cause the timing belt to break and the engine to stall. Dealers will inspect the vehicle and if any problem exists, they will replace the water pump and timing belt.

For more information, consumers can call Honda Canada at 1-888-946-6329."

Sorry guys, I didn't know where else to put this. Move it to another thread if you wish. Apparently the water pump recall VIN numbers that we were advised of earlier are the U.S. registered vehicle VIN numbers. The Canadian registered vehicles subject to the recall are different VINs. My vehicle is going in next week as my dealer says mine, 001431 is subject to the recall. The quoted text above is from the CBC website.:confused:

·
Registered
664 Posts
That would seem to agree with the assumption that Canadian vehicles have a different VIN sequence than the US models.

:D I guess I'm way low on the US list!

·
Registered
2003 EX-L (347,000), 2021 AWD Touring 8.
218 Posts
banningjr said:
That would seem to agree with the assumption that Canadian vehicles have a different VIN sequence than the US models.

Don't the Canadians use metric VINs?

:2:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Maybe they are applying a conversion rate to US numbers?

But seriously, is it possible the Canadian numbers use more than 5 digits?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes the canadian VINs are (last six digits) 0xxxxx where the US numbers are 5xxxxx.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Are you sure they use the last 6? That first number may be another country / model designation. Can someone check that?

Sorry if it's already been done.

·
Registered
919 Posts
The digit before the last 5 (6th from right) should be the destination country. Isn't it 0 for Canada?

Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts