Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for Canadian Pilots:

I've seen tons of info on recalls and TSBs on this site for our US neighbors. Has anyone in Canada received notices from Honda Canada regarding recalls or TSBs?

Thanks,

Ernst in Ottawa ON

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I had mine completed today. I dropped it off at 8:00 am and it was ready for pick up by 1:00 pm.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Affected Canadian VIN #s ?

Thanks for the info folks.

Is there any documentation on the web that lists which Canadian VIN numbers are affected by the recalls/TSBs?

Regards,

Ernst

·
Registered
657 Posts
I picked my '03 Pilot up mid September. Am I to assume the recalls were already done?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I do not think you should assume it was done.
If you do not recieve any letter till your next oil change, then you can tell them to check the SRS recall at the next oil change.

By the way
How is your Silver Star, where you bought them, did you adjust them up ?

How much did you pay, if you do not mind to share, as I am in North York.

Which dealer you got the car from, will you go back for service ?

Remind you to change to snow tires, if you can.

Thx, sorry for all the questions.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Thanks for the opinion on the recall. I generally don't take it to the dealer for oil changes. Too inconvienent and they don't check everything that the independantly owned shop around the corner does. I purchased my Pilot from Ideal Honda in Mississauga

The Silverstars were purchased from Canadian tire for around $27.00 ea. I haven't adjusted the beams as I'm not confident doing that myself nor do I find a huge need to. Is this something you recommend?

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
vahrmeyer said:
I picked my '03 Pilot up mid September. Am I to assume the recalls were already done?
I bought a brand-spanking new Volvo 740 back in '85. It'd been on the showroom floor, and they had to jump it to get it to start. The really irksome part, though, was that as soon as the deal was done, the sales manager informed me that it needed to have a water pump recall done, and I'd have to bring it back when they got the part in. Bummer.:mad:

·
Registered
212 Posts
vahrmeyer said:
The Silverstars were purchased from Canadian tire for around $27.00 ea. I haven't adjusted the beams as I'm not confident doing that myself nor do I find a huge need to. Is this something you recommend?
Thanks for answering my questions.
I have not got hold of the Silverstars yet, evertime (2 times) my wife got there, it was sold out, next shipment.

I plan to just install the bulbs first without adjusting up. Same here, not too confident to do that, will see.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts