Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the VIN for a new Pilot EX-L I'm buying for my son in Oregon. (I'll pick it up next week.) The VIN indicates the car was built in Canada (Alliston, Ontario). I seem to recall reading somewhere that the Canadian pilots come with a full-sized spare wheel-tire. Is that true? Any other differences with the Canadian Pilots? Or does it have to be delivered to Canada to get the full-sized spare? Anyone else have a Canadian-built Pilot delivered in the US?

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
3puttmax said:
Just got the VIN for a new Pilot EX-L I'm buying for my son in Oregon. (I'll pick it up next week.) The VIN indicates the car was built in Canada (Alliston, Ontario). I seem to recall reading somewhere that the Canadian pilots come with a full-sized spare wheel-tire. Is that true? Any other differences with the Canadian Pilots? Or does it have to be delivered to Canada to get the full-sized spare? Anyone else have a Canadian-built Pilot delivered in the US?
all pilots are built in canada at the Alliston plant.....the differences in the US /canada models are only where they ship it to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ramirami -

Thanks for the info. I guess it's obvious they'd have only 1 plant for Pilots in North America. Duuh. I'm slowly learning.

·
Registered
33 Posts
3puttmax said:
Just got the VIN for a new Pilot EX-L I'm buying for my son in Oregon. (I'll pick it up next week.)
So what does it take to become your son? Will you still adopt, Dad? I won't complain, you can have mine built anywhere and in any color. I am fine with any one you pick, as long as you are treating us sons equally, I don't mind, Dad!

Your loving son, Dan!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just to make it clear

The Canadian version has the same spare tire as our friends down south.

I think the dealer said it is safe to use the spare tire in emergency situation, just do not use it for too long or off road.
If this is your concern.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Re: Canadian Pilots

dreese said:

So what does it take to become your son? Will you still adopt, Dad? I won't complain, you can have mine built anywhere and in any color. I am fine with any one you pick, as long as you are treating us sons equally, I don't mind, Dad!

Your loving son, Dan!
dreese: Sorry, but I've tried that route already!!!! Click here to see what I mean!

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Re: Re: Canadian Pilots

dreese said:

Your loving son, Dan!
Speaking of sons........

An old man was sitting on a bench at the mall. A young man
walked up to the bench and sat down. He had spiked hair in all
different colors: green,red,orange,blue and yellow. The old
man just stared. Every time the young man looked, the old man
was staring. The young man finally said sarcastically,

"What's the matter old timer, never done anything wild in your
life?"

Without batting an eye, the old man replied, "Got drunk once
and had sex with a parrot. I was just wondering if you were
my son."

:eek:

:awais:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Canadian cars are built under the same DOT specifications to US counterparts, except for the addition of daytime running lights.

From my previous Honda vehicle experiences, I've also noticed that Canadian cars have larger windshield washer tanks and more heating options (seats, mirrors, etc). Since we live in igloos up here! :p

·
Registered
991 Posts
we also have more in dash warning lights, different laws I guess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts