Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey....I'm in Buffalo....that's close! Can I play with you guys? ;)

We'll be swinging on up to YYZ this weekend for some shopping on Yonge (way up in that village closer to the 401 than to, say, Bloor - what's that area called, by the way?) and then to the St Lawrence Market for some grub for home.

And 7up Tropical flavor (which we can't get here) is awesome. Just like Goombay Punch.

Sorry for the threaddrift.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hi there Buffalo.. Yeah you can play with us, were a bunch of friendly Canucks ehh..

on your way up make sure you bring some of those american dollars, we like those better!

rob:7:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Block Heaters

Did any of you Canadian owners get a blockheater as std equipment on your Pilots? It seems that I got one though it's not listed as an option on my invoice.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hi Commuter, I will be picking up mine next week, Havasu EX-L... What kind of deal did you get?.. If I waited a little longer I would have got a better deal, but I paid 42995 plus GST and PST no other charges.. accessories at cost. no install charges.. Now I hear people getting up to $1500 off MSRP

rob

·
Registered
991 Posts
For all us Canadian Hockey Fans..

As a Canuck fan I just have to report they just defeated Tampa Bay 5-3 to take there streak to 9 wins in a row!! 11 wins 1 loss in last 13 games.. That is a franchise record.. GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Anyone know what the record is in the NHL for most games won in a row? correct me if I am wrong but I think Toronto won 10 in a row back in 93 or 94?

Sorry to break up the thread...

rob

:2: :eek:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
gopilot said:
Hi Commuter, I will be picking up mine next week, Havasu EX-L... What kind of deal did you get?.. If I waited a little longer I would have got a better deal, but I paid 42995 plus GST and PST no other charges.. accessories at cost. no install charges.. Now I hear people getting up to $1500 off MSRP

rob
Seriously?? Where in Canada? I find it hard to believe that.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hi Riprock, actually meant in the U.S. but I noticed that there are two Pilots on the lot for about 4 months here in Terrace that they can not sell, so I know I could have squeaked more out of them, instead off paying MSRP.. but thats ok...

Also thought I saw a thread in Toronto? Someone getting 1000.00 under MSRP? I will check again..

rob

·
Registered
991 Posts
Good Toronto area dealers

Found that thread under "Good Toronto area dealers.. SWOtam bought his Pilot there for $41700.00 EX-L

about 1300 off MSRP..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nov 2002 Pricing

Picked mine up a few weeks ago:
(choice of 3 dealers... best negotiated deal:)

EX-L $40,500
20% off Honda Canada's website for accessories
including:

Auto Day/Night mirror
Back Up Sensor
Rood Rack
Ski attachment
2 - Bike Racks
Touch up pant + pen
Fog lights
Front Bumper Trim
Side Step Bars
Hood bug deflector
Splash guards
All weather floor mats
Woodgrain dash
Wood grain interior
Wood grain shift knob $5007.50

PDI $850
Air Tax $100
Fuel Tax $400
Admin $145

GST/PST $7050.38

Drive away $54052.86

·
Registered
991 Posts
good job! you got about $1000.00 off then the rest of us.. I knew it would come down, but when you order one you have to pay the piper...

take care
rob

·
Registered
33 Posts
Re: Nov 2002 Pricing

DavePilot said:
Picked mine up a few weeks ago:
(choice of 3 dealers... best negotiated deal:)

EX-L $40,500
20% off Honda Canada's website for accessories
Great job on the negotiations!

Which dealer did you get it from? Who was your sales person?

What colour are you?

Dan in Kitchener!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Re: Nov 2002 Pricing

dreese said:

Great job on the negotiations!

Which dealer did you get it from? Who was your sales person?

What colour are you?

Dan in Kitchener!
Thanks.

Got it from Kitchener Honda.... sales rep was manager Everet Chan. I called him armed with cost info from apa.ca, (cost on EX-L from toronto dealer was 39,345 but only 10% off accessories) also armed with verbal quote from Waterloo Honda of $1000-$1500 off plus 15% off accessories). The deal was done in 5 minutes over 2 phone calls.

Colour is irrelevant given it was over the phone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Nov 2002 Pricing

DavePilot said:

Colour is irrelevant given it was over the phone.
I just want everyone to know that my question was suposed to be asking what colour DavePilot's Pilot is not what his skin colour is. I have already PMed DavePilot and appologized for my poor choice of words. I am sorry if I inadvertantly offended anyone else in ciberspace.

Dan

·
Registered
991 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Nov 2002 Pricing

[/B][/QUOTE]
Got it from Kitchener Honda.... sales rep was manager Everet Chan.

I called him armed with cost info from apa.ca, (cost on EX-L from toronto dealer was 39,345 but only 10% off accessories) also armed with verbal quote from Waterloo Honda of $1000-$1500 off plus 15% off accessories). The deal was done in 5 minutes over 2 phone calls.

Colour is irrelevant given it was over the phone. [/B][/QUOTE]

They paid $39345.00, hmm wonder if the costs are all the same around Canada (probably not) my dealer said he made 2 grand off me, but that would mean his cost would be 41000.00?? wonder if there is that much of a difference?

Anyone know the dealer cost of a Pilot in B.C?

thanks

rob

·
Registered
9 Posts
My VIN is 000146 Purchased on 22 September 2002
Options Step Bars, Mud Flaps, Wheel Locks, 3M Hood Shield
Pricing: Either I got a big discount or my options were free. I put the 3M Shield on after purchase.

Problems: Trim on inside of rear doors had large gaps, replaced at first service. Third row passenger side seat belt hangs poorly, new belt rivet on order.

Goodyear tires truly suck! Replaced with Pirelli Scorpion Ice+Snows on Honda 16" steel wheels for winter. These are excellent tires with much better handling than the stock Goodyears.
Alloys will get new tires in the spring.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Goodyear tires truly suck! Replaced with Pirelli Scorpion Ice+Snows on Honda 16" steel wheels for winter. These are excellent tires with much better handling than the stock Goodyears.
Alloys will get new tires in the spring. [/B][/QUOTE]

There really is no comparison to all season tires compared to snow tires. Michelin cross terrains are probably better then the goodyears, What did you find really wrong with the goodyears?

rob

·
Registered
9 Posts
gopilot;

The Goodyears have lousy turn in and they follow any imperfection in the pavement. The car seemed to drift around in it's lane. I'm assuming that this is because of their soft sidewalls as compared to the Pirelli's. At first I was thinking of an alignment problem but the tire swap cleared it right up!
The Pirelli's go straighter, turn quicker and have no noticeable effect on ride quality. The effect of the change was quite dramatic, my wife was the one that sentenced the the Goodyears to the dumpster. The Goodyears were quieter, but that was their only plus. I have seen another Black Pilot, (they must have been part of a girls hockey tournament that was visiting), and it's tires were the Michelin Cross Terrains.
From all the talk of switching to the Michelin's, the general impression that I got was that a lot of owners were not happy with the Goodyears.
I wasn't comparing winter traction, I was speaking of the handling and overall feel of the tires. I never did try the Goodyears in the snow, so I can't speak to their ability in snow.I wanted to have a set of true snow tires for the winter. I have always believed that all season tires were too much of a compromise for anyone that dealt with a regular dose of snow.

Snow tires for winter, Summer tires for everything else.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts