Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
2,369 Posts
gary said:
Can you post the differences in Canadian vs. US models, if any? I read somewhere that Canadian market cars had heated seats, true?:confused:
Heated seats are standard, I believe for leather Pilots. They're only available for the front seats and just a click of a button does the trick.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,369 Posts
Deadmo...errr...Edmonton here

1. #1069 Havasu Blue (no leather, children complained of dead cold seats during the winter with our last car)
2. The dealer did not include any accessories in the deal at all, but took of $500 off the sticker price.
3. Only problem significant enough to be mentioned so far has been the dealer installed wind deflector. They drilled 2 additional holes without telling me and never applied any touch-up paint in the area. Have deep cracks, scratches and nicks.
4. I did see the MMT warning excerpt in the manual and called the service dept. of the dealer to inquire about which gas stations to avoid them and they had no idea what I was talking about - the same dealer which installed the wind deflector.

Besides the wind deflector, side step bars, rear splash guard and installed a remote car starter. Was stupid enough to get the paint sealant protection. I go back to the dealer about twice a year to get it waxed.

$42,000 (sticker price) - $500 + cost of wind deflector + GST and all applicable taxes = $45,300 + $950 (side step bar) + $150 (paint protection) = just about $46,000.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
991 Posts
3rd row teather ancors

Does anyone know if there are teather ancors in the 3rd row?

I noticed lots in the second row but could not find them in the third?


thanks

rob
 

· Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
Yes...

lift up the rear hatch. Along the same ledge where there is the access to the spare tire bolt you use to winch down the tire holder are two little square plastic covers with the LATCH symbol on them. If you lift them up you can see the hooks. I don't know where the ones are for the front of the 3rd row; but if there are ones in the back, I'm sure there must be ones in the front.:4:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
Just curious about the price....

RipRocK said:
$42,000 (sticker price) - $500 + cost of wind deflector + GST and all applicable taxes = $45,300 + $950 (side step bar) + $150 (paint protection) = just about $46,000.

The LX model is selling for $41,000 and Ex for $43,000 in Toronto. Is the selling price different over there ?
And we have to pay GST+PST, but you just have to pay GST, is that true ? Thanks
 

· Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Re: Yes...

copilot said:
lift up the rear hatch. Along the same ledge where there is the access to the spare tire bolt you use to winch down the tire holder are two little square plastic covers with the LATCH symbol on them. If you lift them up you can see the hooks. I don't know where the ones are for the front of the 3rd row; but if there are ones in the back, I'm sure there must be ones in the front.:4:
These are the tether anchor hooks. Tether anchors and LATCH anchors are two different things. You will find LATCH anchors only on the outboard seats of the 2nd row (the LATCH anchors are hidden in the joint between the seatback and seatcushion). The tether anchors on the 2nd row are on the back of the seats.

If you have a LATCH-compatible seat, you use the tether anchors and the LATCH anchors. If you have a non-LATCH seat, you use the tether anchors and the seatbelt.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,369 Posts
Re: Just curious about the price....

PChiu said:
The LX model is selling for $41,000 and Ex for $43,000 in Toronto. Is the selling price different over there ?
And we have to pay GST+PST, but you just have to pay GST, is that true ? Thanks
Sorry for the late response.

Mine's an EX, I believe. Over here, EX MSRP is 41,000 and EX-L MSRP is 43,000. I think the LX you believe to be is actually just EX. And the ones with leather are called EX-L. At least that's what our sales associate told us. Then of course, they added blockheaters and other things, which broough it up to just about 42,000, the sticker price. (sorry if I'm misusing the term, but when I say "sticker price", I'm referring to the price that was printed on the sticker of the car)

And yes, we only have to pay GST and that's it. Alberta's never had any provincial sale tax of any kind :D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
SKYPILOT

thanks for the clarification. I knew they were for child seats; but since I don't have any that age didn't know the difference between latch and tether. It amazes me how much one can learn from this site as well as the willingness of others to share their info. Good job.:4:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
Thanks RipRock and SkyPilot

Thanks for the pricing information.
I meant EX and Ex-L, just looking at too much US content and mixed up.

For my EX-L, $43,000 + GST & PST (15%) alone will be $49,450.

That's why I was wondering about the pricing over there , Alberta.

Thanks
 

· Registered
Joined
·
991 Posts
Re: Thanks RipRock and SkyPilot

PChiu said:
Thanks for the pricing information.
I meant EX and Ex-L, just looking at too much US content and mixed up.

For my EX-L, $43,000 + GST & PST (15%) alone will be $49,450.

That's why I was wondering about the pricing over there , Alberta.

Thanks

I aslo looked into buying one in Alberta, but there is no point, you will have to pay the PST when you register it back in your own province... (the government wins again!)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
991 Posts
Re: re canadians

smitman said:
For any interested canadian participants:

1. What is the VIN of your vehicle
2. Did your dealer include any accessories in the deal
3. Any problems so far
4. Did you see the warning to canadians about gas with MMT additive in the manual?
What is this MMT and what will it do to the Pilot?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,369 Posts
Re: Re: Thanks RipRock and SkyPilot

gopilot said:
I aslo looked into buying one in Alberta, but there is no point, you will have to pay the PST when you register it back in your own province... (the government wins again!)
No kidding? Wow, that gov't of ours will get their grubby hands on our money anyway they can. No wonder we are, by far, the highest taxed citizens among the G8 countries.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
991 Posts
door handles

Anyone know if you can paint the Pilot's door handles to match body? or will it not paint over the black handle?

rob
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,369 Posts
Re: deals in bc

kalekainxx said:
Anyone from Greater Vancouver know where i can get accessories for my pilot at reasonable prices? The dealer charges an arm and a leg!! I don't believe them when they tell me they are selling them to me at costs.
You should go to honda.ca and compare the prices the dealer's quoting you and the prices listed on the website. Also, you should call around and find out who has the lowest prices.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Happy Turkey Day!

I reallize it is a bit late but, Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! Hope you all got stuffed! What were you thankful for?!?;)

Happy Trails, Eh!
Dano, from the Great White North
 
21 - 40 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top