Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
re canadians

For any interested canadian participants:

1. What is the VIN of your vehicle
2. Did your dealer include any accessories in the deal
3. Any problems so far
4. Did you see the warning to canadians about gas with MMT additive in the manual?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am BC

1) I'm from Vancouver - driving #63.
I've had the vehicle for over 3 weeks now and haven't seen any other Pilots (and I'm all over this town).
2) My dealer is giving me all accessories at cost.
3) Only problem is a sagging head-liner (as is documented in the <Problems> thread.
4) I am a little spooked about the MMT additives. BUT - I have no idea which gas stations use it. Do you??

Cheers...........

·
Registered
212 Posts
Toronto

Blue Ex-L, more than 1000 km.

Problems:
1/ Clciking noise at the front left driver side
2/ Passenger side window, hor. trim piece loose, scratch window when go up/down
3/ Cargo net comes with a broken thread, making a large hole.
4/Rear passenger side A/C vent came loose, forced back by dealer on the spot of delivery
5/ Trim piece at the top of the tail gate, inside the car, came loose. Drove back into the shop by dealer and fixed

No time to go back to dealer, they need a day to track down the noise, as I faxed them the fix from this forum.
Need more time to enjoy my Pilot than give it to the dealer.

Accessories put on by my request;
1/ Backup sensor, will not buy Pilot if not an option.
Very helpful in parking lot, do not have to guess when backup, just wait for the beeps to come up then stop.

2/ Cargo cover, not that easy to switch from 2nd row to 3rd row position.

3/ All weather mats, rear splash guard claim to be free by the saleman

Last night, the 1st time on freeway 401, the road/tire noise is at the high end, did not expect that noisy at highway speed.

So far so good.

Inculding the accesories, rust/frabic protection, my Volvo trade-in, gas tax $400, all Honda fee (Admin $250....), PDI+Frieght ? $1050 ( so what is the $850 PDI they stated on the window sticker) and 15% tax.
Total price Cad$53,250.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am also from Vancouver, actually Richmond to be specific

#917 Silver EXL, pick up today.
It is as comfortable as my Accord EX-V6 coupe, tire noise is even less.

I do notice the clicking noise from the front left side of the driver seat, especially driving on uneven road.

So far so good.

Going to order the cargo liner, cargo cover and splash guard from Tim, my dealer wants MSRP for those, and I didn't bother to bargin.

Cheers

Odie

·
Registered
56 Posts
Duties

Hey Odie - do you know what duties you'll be paying to get those accessories across the border?
I'd also considering buying from Tim - if I knew what that rate was....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't know exactly what the rate is. I bet that will be lower than the MSRP my dealer want, and I can handle the installation of those items.

Another way to avoid the broker fee is, from what I was told, have the stuff ship to a postal outlet at Point Roberts, just drive cross the border, and pick it up yourself. Save the extra shipping to Canada plus no broker fee. I guess the postal outlet charge you $5 per package.

Odie

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm from Toronto and just got my Black EX (#958) three days ago - only about 200 kms so far - havent noticed any problems yet.

I got the following options:
Front Bumper Trim
Side Step Bars
Hood protector

I paid MSRP ($41000) + $500 for the three options + those goddamn fees
AIR TAX $100
GAS TAX $400
ADMIN FEE $195
FREIGHT/PDI $850

With taxes, total worked out to around $49500. From honda.ca the options total about $1800, so I'm happy they knocked off $1300 for the options. No dealer in Toronto (I contacted 4) was willing to go below the MSRP, only on options would they offer discounts.

I've only briefly read the manual - what is warning about MMT about?
What kind of gas are you planning to use(which gas station)? I've heard Sunoco is better because of sulphur levels(not too sure though). Is regular good enough?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
re gas

Regular is fine according to the manual - there is just a small blurb about MMT. Im not sure which Retail gas outlets would have this as an additive. - its rather toxic according to some accounts.

We just rolled 4000KM!

·
Registered
56 Posts
MMT and stuff

I've heard that Shell is the worst of the bunch.
High Sulfur.
High MMT.
I don't know how much truth there is to this, but I've been staying away nonetheless!!

Also - if any fellow Canadian is looking at getting the Roof Rack Cross bars, make a trip south of the border yourself!!
They are truly a rip-off here.
Canadian list price is $385.81
I just picked some up at a dealership in Washington for $135 (or just over $200 Canadian!!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
picking up mine this afternoon

I am picking mine up this afternoon. Originally I had been expecting to wait at least 2 months. So I was really just doing resaerch. Went to test drive with my wife and 4 kids on Saturday and they said they just had a shipment and had 4 in stock. We picked one that we liked on Saturday but it was gone by Monday. We were only really concerned with inside coulour. We needed the grey so we ended up picking the blue one.

At any rate, traded in my 94 suburban and will pick up today. First time in my life thatI have paid msrp for a vehicle. I feel dirty!

I'll let you know how things go.

Great to see some canadian content here.

I just hope that's this pilot is good in snow!!!!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Re: picking up mine this afternoon

scottmac said:
First time in my life thatI have paid msrp for a vehicle. I feel dirty!
I feel your pain!

Actually, the pain disappears after you've been driving the Pilot for a couple of weeks. Have fun!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Welcome on board..

Nice to have you on board 2 months eariler than expected.
Enjoy the Pilot, and prepare for the winter.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Re: I am BC

BC-Pilot said:
1) I'm from Vancouver - driving #63.
I've had the vehicle for over 3 weeks now and haven't seen any other Pilots (and I'm all over this town).
2) My dealer is giving me all accessories at cost.
3) Only problem is a sagging head-liner (as is documented in the <Problems> thread.
4) I am a little spooked about the MMT additives. BUT - I have no idea which gas stations use it. Do you??

Cheers...........
BC-Pilot:

We took a road trip to Seattle and Vancouver the end of July. I was looking all over the roads for Pilots during the whole trip. We stopped in a small mall in North Vancouver on July 29 to eat lunch - when we came out there it was - A Black Pilot parked right next to us. We enjoyed our short time in Canada. Beautiful Mountains - Beautiful Pilot. Could it have been yours?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ok, first post - just bought my Pilot today - in Silver with running boards. Definitely no deals to be had, but after some serious negotiating was able to up the value of my trade-in some. Oh well. Can't get my hands on it 'til Thursday! Something to look forward to next week :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Another Canadian, EH!

Hey Smitman,

Thanks for increasing the Canadian content. Seeing as this the the place where the Pilots are made, we should have a say!

I just moved from London to Kitchener after being there for 12 years. I started a new job here in Kitchener and I get the Pilot as my company car (lucky or what!). Picked up the Silver EX two weeks ago and have about 1700 Km on it now. Taking it to Huntsville on Tuesday and looking forward to the open highway.

Happy Trails!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Another Canadian, EH!

dreese said:
Hey Smitman,

Thanks for increasing the Canadian content. Seeing as this the the place where the Pilots are made, we should have a say!

I just moved from London to Kitchener after being there for 12 years. I started a new job here in Kitchener and I get the Pilot as my company car (lucky or what!). Picked up the Silver EX two weeks ago and have about 1700 Km on it now. Taking it to Huntsville on Tuesday and looking forward to the open highway.

Happy Trails!
Cool! I was buzzing around K/W sunday all day in my SS EX-L. We just rolled 5200KMs. Whats your VIN #? Mine's 381.

·
Registered
212 Posts
My VIN #00747

Nice to meet you guys.
I'm in Toronto.
Do you mind to tell me how much you are paying for the insurance, as a comparasion.

I'm paying close to MDX in rating as they say no data fro Pilot.
At first they charge us $2200, but after we query them, they call back later and said as we are with them for 10 years, they will keep as a old policy instead of the new higher rate that started few months ago across Ontario (?).
It drops to $1900 !

I have the creaking front driver struct noise, a few mis-alige trim piece, loose passenger window trim, easy to brek off rear A/C vents (both sides), sagged seats.

No time to go back to dealer yet, as I'm enjoying the Pilot with the nice summer form mid-July.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Insurance Rates in SWO

Hey PChiu,

My Pilot is a company lease and I was able to get insurance through the business for just over $1800 with State Farm. Looks like we are pretty close dollar wise. Hope this helps. Let me know if you are able to do any better.

Happy Trails!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can you post the differences in Canadian vs. US models, if any? I read somewhere that Canadian market cars had heated seats, true?:confused:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts