Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Looking at the Canadian specs of 2016 Honda Pilot I found that there is no way you can get both navigation and rear DVD entertainment system in EX-L. Can anyone confirm this for me?

This would be a blunder on Honda's part because I would like to have both along with 8 seater configuration as I have kids.

·
Registered
236 Posts
It's the same way for the USA version. In order to get both, you have to step up to the Touring. It's also been the same way for the 2015 and prior model year EX-L's. Being the owner of a 2014 EX-L w/ NAV, I wish I would have just gone with Touring as there are a lot of nice extras with the Touring model.

*Edit* Also, you will still get the 8-seat configuration on the Touring model as you desire. It's only the Elite version that removes the middle row bench and replaces it with captain chairs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem is that in Canada there is no Elite version. The touring version is the Elite version. In previous years touring version was a great choice because it had 8 seats but now it has only 7.

What a dumb move by Honda engineers!!!!

I think I will pick Toyota Highlander instead as they have both the options.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just an FYI, being that I am a Design Engineer for a vehicle manufacturer, choices as far as what option you get with certain trim levels is 100% out of the control of Engineers. There are certain options that physically won't work with others and Engineers are in charge of that, but not offering the bench seat in the middle row on the Touring Model in Canada was driven by Honda Sales/Marketing and not Engineering.

That said, since it sounds like you want a lot of space based on your need for 8 seats, you might want to rethink Highlander. Its third row is virtually unusable for adults and the middle seat is not as wide making it a difficult arrangement with two car seats and an adult. I know this first hand as a friend of mine has been complaining about his Highlander and envious of our Pilot's size. You might not have the same scenario, but just keep in mind Highlander is a smaller vehicle and that's based on their current model compared to the 2015 Pilot. The 2016 Pilot sounds like it will be even larger yet in some areas.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Problem is that in Canada there is no Elite version. The touring version is the Elite version. In previous years touring version was a great choice because it had 8 seats but now it has only 7.

What a dumb move by Honda engineers!!!!
Engineers are not responsible for this. It's the product planners/accountants that make these asinine decisions.

Another stupid idea was to only include Blind Spot Information, one of the most basic automotive safety features, only on the Elite. This feature should just be standard across the board. The Honda Lanewatch feature mitigates the lack of this feature to a certain extent, but it does not make up for the stupid ideas that Honda product planners come up with.

In the US, if one wanted an EX-L, you can either get Honda Sensing, OR Navi OR RES. If you wanted a combination of the 3, tough luck, you need to get all 3 in a Touring. It would have been great to, at least, allow Honda Sensing + (Navi OR RES).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Totally agree with you and I am sure there are lot's of people who are being pushed to get a higher trims and yet not satisfied e.g in my case I would have been satisfied with Touring trim if I were to buy this in USA but in Canada there is no option to get 8 pass seating in touring anymore.

Whoever decide these configuration need to come up with either same configuration across north America or better have few packages available so that people can pick and choose rather than making 20 different configurations!!!!

They have really messed up the touring in Canada by making 8 pass to 7 pass vehicle!!! At least 8 pass should be an option in touring in Canada.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts