Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Very nice BORG! Keep the great photos coming!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And ......any visit to Drumheller will not be complete without aDinosaur sighting!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ThanksFLPilot
It was a great but a short trip.
Drumheller is renowned for it's Royal Tyrell Museum of Paleontology, the boys got a chance to get up close & personal with their favourite dinosaurs which was a real thrill for them.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Nice pics as usual, borg! I especially like the last one. Very cool. Can you tell me which road you took that led you to that ferry? That looks neat and I'm sure that's something the girls would like trying out next time we end up going to Drumheller. When we went, it was about a couple of months ago and there were grasshoppers galore. After I came home, when I opened up the hood, there were many, many chunks and bits of those little things in the engine compartment :3:

Anyway, below are just a few pics I took but never ended up posting then since there were no pics of the Pilot in there and plus I just couldn't get the flash to work correctly in that museum.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
This is a panoramic view of one section of the badlands. See if you can spot the two people near the bottom of the pic. Kinda gives you an idea just how far down they are there.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Ughhhh...Like I said, the flash didn't work right in the museum, but you kinda get an idea of the displays in there.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
This one came out half decently. The girl on the very left and on the very right are my girls and the other two girls are their friends who came with us on the visit to the museum. I think the couple in the background just had a nice fish for lunch :)

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RipRocK:

Nice pics yourself, especially the Lucifer pose...:22: :22:
Anyway, to get to the ferry crossing of Red Deer river just take North Dinosaur Trail. From the museum go west on the trail, look for the Bleriot Ferry sign, that road will take you down to where you can board the ferry & cross the river. When you get across you will be traveling on the South Dinosaur Trail, go east towards Drumheller.....about 5 km from the crossing is the best view in the whole valley(according to the ferry operator). Actually he was right, but I only managed to take one lousy photo because the battery on my camera died:3:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
borg, thanks for the instructions. The museum is a place I'll never go back to though. Way too expensive for what you get or experience. The last pic still is better than any of my pics and I wasn't even having any battery probs.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Initially posted by RipRock
snipped....
The museum is a place I'll never go back though. Way too expensive for what you get or experience.

My sentiments exactly, but I can anticipate going back another time when the boys are a little older & show interest in reading the information/facts about the exhibits.

One of these days I anticipate bumping into you guys in one of Alberta's hotspots......Hey where are you guys going for X'mas break:D

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
One of these days I anticipate bumping into you guys in one of Alberta's hotspots......Hey where are you guys going for X'mas break:D
LOL. We usually go visit my parents and my brother during the X'mas break. Whenever I see a Sandstone Pilot in the city, the first thing I do is to look at the wheels to see if it's you. If you see a goofy looking guy with an even goofier smile waving at you in a blue Pilot, you'll know it's me :D

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
RipRocK said:
[ S N I P P E D ]
If you see a goofy looking guy with an even goofier smile waving at you in a blue Pilot, you'll know it's me :D
borg: If you see a goofy looking guy with an even goofier smile waving at you in a blue Pilot, be afraid! Be very afraid! And call the police immediately!!! :D

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
kemosabe said:
borg: If you see a goofy looking guy with an even goofier smile waving at you in a blue Pilot, be afraid! Be very afraid! And call the police immediately!!! :D
Why? He doesn't have a restraining order against yet. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts