Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that all of the posts (that I have read so far) reference Canada as the production location of their Pilot.

When I inquired about how much longer my wait would be for my Pilot, the salesman said that it would be finished this week, and would be coming from Alabama, so it shouldn't be long now.

Anyone have a Pilot from Alabama yet? Just curious.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Canada or Alabama

All Pilots and MDX come from Canada. The Odyssey is being moved to Alabama.

·
Registered
152 Posts
ALL Pilots are built in Canada. Your salesperson is incorrect...these salespeople need to get their heads in the game and start relaying accurate info to people.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Everyone makes mistake

Just make sure you take delivery during daytime, so that you can see the emble Pilot at the back of the car not Odyssey.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See, this is what I thought. Now I wonder if he was looking at the delivery info on my vehicle, or on a minivan! I think I will call him back and see if I get the same answer again!

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's always amazed me with every car buying experience...I knew more than the salesman about the car he is selling. For some reason this is tolerated in this profession and in no other. Imagine you knowing more than plumber or electricain when they do repairs in your house. Imagine you had to tell the surgeon how to perform the operation. Your dealing with an item that costs 30 thousand + dollars. Don't you think a detailed understanding of the product would be in order? Ultimatley the responsibility has to fall in the lap of dealership mangement who for the most part care more about selling undercoating then educating salespeople who can create a pleasurable experience during a sale rather then let the buyer feel he's being handed a bunch of lines.

·
Registered
138 Posts
When I pick up the car at the dealership, I found some detail info for the car. The port of entry for the car at Buffalo, NY.

Can you guess where is car came from???? Country start with a 'C'.

:D

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hey Catbert, have fun with your salesperson. Play dumb until the vehicle comes in and then when he's showing you how everything works ask about correct tire pressure. Make sure he shows you the sticker on the driver's door jam where the psi is located. It also says 'manufactured in Canada'. (or similar)
:D

Make sure he see's this and see what kind of rise you get out of him. :2:

I agree, it's truly pathetic that sales people who live this stuff full time know less than us part time enthusiasts. There's what, less than a dozen models of Honda. Puuleease. These are car guys, they're commission whores.

·
Registered
168 Posts
With all the research one will do into a specific vehicle, you would think the same educated buyer would do the same research into the dealership they choose to spend their money. This would ensure a pleasant experience.

Honda has The President's Award. This is a very prestigious award earned only by dealerships that have both achieved both volumn and customer satisfaction. Volumn does not come from "whoring commissions". Likewise customer satisfaction is not earned by lazy, uneducated salespeople. I am a professional at what I do, I'm sure you consider yourself the same. Please do not group us all into a "commission whore" catagory.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hubby, you can't take this personally as there are always exceptions to the rule of which I'm sure you may be one.

Switch shoes. For every knowledgble car buyer there's probably 10 or more car buying dummies. These are also the people giving you guys glowing reviews based on their buying experience. This is what you are trained for. Most people don't know the difference between rack and pinion and rack of lamb.

I've been buying cars pobably as long as you've been selling them and am stating that the vast majority of car sales people I've dealt with are just that, sales people, commission, bonuses, et al., NOT car enthusiasts and in many cases not even sales people knowledable about their product.

I'm glad to hear that you may be one of a small percentage of true, knowledeable, professional sales people in this industry.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, the dealership I am going through has an outstanding customer service reputation. I drove past 4 other Honda dealerships to use this one. I am chalking this up to maybe the salesman just having looked at a minivan and still had it on his mind when I called, or something like that. Everyone is entitled to a mistake now and then, and if the only problem I have with this vehicle is that the salesman said Alabama instead of Canada, I will be thrilled!
Just glad to know I was right about the vehicle having to make the journey from Canada so I will know how much longer my wait will be...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts