Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just bought a 2013 pilot. I’m wondering if there’s any way to slide the third row and second row forward a few inches. I plan on keeping my third row up so if a solution to this includes having it in a fixed position that is fine. I need literally 2-3 more inches in the trunk for what I’m trying to do. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
The 2nd row does slide but the 3rd row does not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even if I disassemble the third row from underneath I wouldn’t be able to fasten it back on a few inches forward?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
That's correct. There are no additional mounting points forward for the third row. Meanwhile, the two second-row seats can be adjusted fore and aft some to help balance leg room between the rows and seats. The seatback angles for the second row seats are similarly adjustable independently. The third row seats are open or closed, unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Even if I disassemble the third row from underneath I wouldn’t be able to fasten it back on a few inches forward?
Nothing is impossible... I don't know how the brackets and folding mechanism are designed on the Pilot so I can't say if it's as easy as an extension bracket or not.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Nothing is impossible... I don't know how the brackets and folding mechanism are designed on the Pilot so I can't say if it's as easy as an extension bracket or not.

Be aware that if you modify the existing seat mounting assembly, you are defeating Honda's safety design. In the case of an accident, the seat assembly could come loose, which could lead to additional injuries to anyone in the vehicle. The seats are bolted in at specific reinforced areas of the unit body. Modifying or shifting this design will certainly result in a weaker, less safe result. And of course, you will void any warranty, and create an uninsurable personal liability for yourself if an injury accident were to occur..

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Be aware that if you modify the existing seat mounting assembly, you are defeating Honda's safety design. In the case of an accident, the seat assembly could come loose, which could lead to additional injuries to anyone in the vehicle. The seats are bolted in at specific reinforced areas of the unit body. Modifying or shifting this design will certainly result in a weaker, less safe result. And of course, you will void any warranty, and create an uninsurable personal liability for yourself if an injury accident were to occur..
Now that we just heard from the Piloteers.org Legal dept :25:... STMech does make a valid point on this ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts