Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly the 2016s didnt come with carplay and I want to try using HondaHack to install autokit and get carplay on my pilot, however I am worried with how integrated everything is in cars these days if I mess something up I'll end up screwing up my car and the dealer will bend me over for thousands of dollars to fix it.

If something in the software glitches and my cameras or something stop working or I want to go back to factory settings, is there a way to restore the headunit to factory settings? Essentially it is an android tablet so there should be a way right? Anyone know how?

thanks

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,843 Posts
When you introduce 3rd party apps to the situation you're shooting craps. It's one of those "You Break It, You Bought It. situations.

·
Registered
103 Posts
From my phone hacking days, you always wanted to do a NAND backup before you did anything. Since the dash is basically heavily modified Android operating system, in theory, you should be able to re-flash a backup should something go awry. But everything I messed with was 5+ years ago (ICS and KitKat versions) and I don't know really much about the new Android versions or how the display interacts with the Pilot computer. But from what it seems, should you brick it, you could pick up a used one for about $200-300 and drop that in.

You've probably been there already if you're at this point, but XDA forums has the people and resources there to give you a better answer on this specific issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts