Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve narrowed my leak down to this hole behind the fuse box (picture attached). Anyone able to tell me what it’s purpose is? I need to stop this leak and plan on sealing it, unless someone can tell me another way to mitigate this.

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
So I’ve narrowed my leak down to this hole behind the fuse box (picture attached). Anyone able to tell me what it’s purpose is? I need to stop this leak and plan on sealing it, unless someone can tell me another way to mitigate this. View attachment 141880 View attachment 141881
I'd remove fenders. Holes like these had rubber plugs installed. They get old and can get pushed out and produce leaks. I reseal these plugs with rtv.

Reactions: ConrodM and aggrex

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
Also, some of the metal seams sealed with calk from the factory can begin to leak. With the fender off, these seams can be resealed with rtv.

Reactions: ConrodM

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL
418 Posts
Cleaned my ‘05 mudflap on driver side and it stopped water from coming thru that hole.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve already sealed the seams and taken the mud flap off and cleaned it along with everything in the door jam and wheel well. At this point I don’t care where it’s coming from, the hole shall be sealed. Thank you all for your help.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,250 Posts

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,250 Posts

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
Pretty sure that should read "fender lining," right? Much easier job. :)
When I did this on my Honda Civic last year, the fenders were off. ¯\(ツ)
Funny how the same problems exist on other Honda vehicles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts