Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very interested in having dual power seats with seat heating. Does anyone know if the seat mounting and airbag systems are similar to the MDX? Since so much of the car is MDX based except for the body I thought it might work. David

·
Registered
180 Posts
I was wondering if we can install the MDX or the Canadian Pilot heated mirrors. Thats the one option I really wish we had. I have them on the Mazda and those heated mirrors really come in handy.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Question For Tim @ hondacuraworld

Tim,

Do you know if we can get our hands on the heated mirrors for our PILOTs here in the U.S. ???

If so, how much $$$$$ would they run??

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX

p.s. Nice talking to you (fog lights purchase) on the phone earlier this week!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gentleman, not to be rude or anything but if you want to ask a question that is not related to mine then please start a new thread. I am really interested in opinions on my particular question and not heated mirrors. Thanks, David

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lady J,

I don't know if the MDX's seats can be installed in the Pilot but I just had Heated seats added to my Pilot for $250 per seat. They work fine and the high/low/off button looks very good. My dealer said that the heated seats may interfere with the sensors for the air bags but they don't. This is a lot less expensive than adding MDX seats . I also added a remote starter to preheat the car on cold winter days. Regards, Tom

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, one of the reasons for adding in MDX seats is to get full power adjustment for both the driver and passenger. I haven't had a close look at the MDX seats but they may be sportier in design too... I guess if anyone has info they can post up on it. Thanks,

·
Registered
342 Posts
Why not just get a second Pilot driver's seat for the passenger side?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Or possibly a driver's seat from a right hand drive Pilot.

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
LadyJ said:
Gentleman, not to be rude or anything but if you want to ask a question that is not related to mine then please start a new thread. I am really interested in opinions on my particular question and not heated mirrors. Thanks, David
In this case, all of the questions can be answered wtih one large sweeping "I don't know" on my part.

Incidentally, anything that is not US spec, I can't get here. Even if I could just order something from a Honda dealer in Canada and ship it, I can't say if it would work for sure, and in all honesty it would be cheaper for you to contact a Canadian dealer and have it shipped direct to you.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
LadyJ said:
I think you will find that the way these threads work here is that the "drift" will usually pull out the answer you are looking for. If you try to confine the discussion too much, besides not getting an answer to your question - you will not get any alternatives for solving your original question. :)

YMMV

·
Registered
747 Posts
No, you can't get another driver seat and put at pessanger side. The airbag is on wrong side.
I guess it's possible to install two MDX seats, but I don't know and I don't even want to try. I believe those two seats alone will cost you $2,000. If you can find a source from junk yard, I think you maybe able to cut down price into half the best. No kidding, I swap out my 300zx seat. Unlike you, I don't want the power function because weight too much. So I want another passenger seat. Dealer quote me $800 for a seat. Now remember it didn't even has airbag. Of course I didn't go that route, I bought a racing seat for $300 which weight only 15lb.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Honda wouldn't likely condone a seat swap and such a move "could" affect the warranty. To add a seat with different functions, it may be necessary to add a different wiring harness to support the seat. Plus it may have a multiplex unit that was set up different for the model that may not support the change.

Dunno. I wouldn't try it.........

·
Registered
483 Posts
ChuckW said:
Why not just get a second Pilot driver's seat for the passenger side?
The power switches would be on the wrong side of the seat cushion if you could even get the seat to mount. I know on older Hondas you could switch seats but I'm not sure if the mounting studs would accomadate this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts