Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 6CD changer that I took off from my previous Passport after it got totaled.Now I 'd like to get it going in the Pilot.My question is can I have the CD changer installed w/o removing the factory CD player since the Changer will be under the seat?Can both work on the same system?(one at the time)

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Does the changer from the Passport have the standard Honda connection?

If it is a Honda changer p/n 08A26-181-100, then it should be no problem. You'll just need the install kit (brackets and cables) for the Pilot (I think it is p/n 08B26-S9V-100 which you can by for about $60). The cable from the install kit allows you to control the changer with the built in controls on the radio (not sure if the LX has controls, but the EX does).

I've got a changer from my Accord and I going to install it...after I find the ***** theft control card for the radio.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
I would check Crutchfields

If the same aftermarket changers fit both you can probably make it work.

Remember, the PassPort was a Isuzu, not a Honda.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have under the seat cd-changer

It is an Alpine 6 cd changer bought and installed by Circuit City. It works great, and the cd in the dash works also. If the dash cd is playing, and you want the cd changer to play, just press the cd button to go to the changer. Push the cd button again to return to the dash cd. [email protected]@

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: I have under the seat cd-changer

Larry1 said:
It is an Alpine 6 cd changer bought and installed by Circuit City. It works great, and the cd in the dash works also. If the dash cd is playing, and you want the cd changer to play, just press the cd button to go to the changer. Push the cd button again to return to the dash cd. [email protected]@
That's what I wanted to find out,have never done this B4.Thanks.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Re: I would check Crutchfields

N_Jay said:
...Remember, the PassPort was a Isuzu, not a Honda.
:confused: I thought the Isuzu version was the Rodeo?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Re: Re: I would check Crutchfields

tim.s said:
:confused: I thought the Isuzu version was the Rodeo?
Isuzu made both of them. The one they sold Honda was the Passport, but it's really just an Isuzu. I think that's what he was trying to say.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts