Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Honda Pilot EX-L with RES and XM Radio service.

Long story short, my sunroof leaks water onto the center console whenever it pours heavy out. While driving home from work water had rained down from the map lights console near the sunroof, right onto a cell phone holder that slots into the CD tray of the head unit. The water just followed the phone mount and went straight into the CD tray. Few mins later the radio went silent, and hasn't powered on since. The ACC outlets, climate control buttons, hazard button all function at the moment. The radio is just dead... No lights, no power... The radio fuse under the hood isn't blown and I doubled checked any fuses that was labeled ACC under the hood/inside and they all seem fine.

I just want to make sure if I do find an exact replacement that I'll be able to retain everything like the RES and XM radio service. Also if it does work, how do I go about the anti-theft code? Thank you all.

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX-L
144 Posts
You mean, not the RES (Rear Entertainment System) but the Head Unit in the center console (b/w driver and front passenger)?

If so, then yes, you can. I've done it after mine was fried because crooked-handed windshield installers didn't properly caulk the windshield at the top, causing water to come in and fry the unit when my car was left outside in the heavy rain (unfortunately, at the time I moved across the country, so, chasing those a-holes to buy me a new radio was not really a feasible option for me).

I bought mine from EBay at the time, so it came with a security code, but you are also able to get a code from a HONDA Dealer (if yours refuses, then call around, all else failing, Toronto Honda does is with an online request here).
Everything works as it should after the swap and the swap itself isn't too difficult either, I did it in less than 30 minutes on my driveway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean, not the RES (Rear Entertainment System) but the Head Unit in the center console (b/w driver and front passenger)?

If so, then yes, you can. I've done it after mine was fried because crooked-handed windshield installers didn't properly caulk the windshield at the top, causing water to come in and fry the unit when my car was left outside in the heavy rain (unfortunately, at the time I moved across the country, so, chasing those a-holes to buy me a new radio was not really a feasible option for me).
Yeah, the head unit. Thank you for your response man, I'll start looking around now!

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
I'm smiling here when I type, 'Fix the Leak First'!

But I'm sure you were on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts