Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 touring where I installed the lighted running boards, I’m planning on ordering the foot well light and wanted to know if I can install it since I used the 2 pin for the running board already.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was not aware that Honda offered a footwell light as a dealer-installed accessory. Are you talking about the illuminated sill plate?

Regardless, most Honda accessory harness allow piggybacking of another accessory. If you look at the instructions for the lighted running boards, it references the 2 pin connector and how you handle the connection if there is another accessory installed (page 10).

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I look at Honda sites they list it for 2019/2020 pilots, not even sure if that would work on a 2017. Part number is 08E10-TG7-100A

·
Registered
2 Posts
Per the instructions, it looks like there is a existing vehicle wire harness and 2 pin connection that the ambient lighting plugs into, and I doubt the 2017 would have that pre-wired. You could likely find another power source for those lamps that is switched with the parking lights, but I don't think it would be a simple plug-n-play activity.

And if you are going to rig it up yourself, you might save money and buy the lamps and harness for another Honda, or the lamps individually and rig up a harness.

For some reason, I thought the 2017 Touring already had the footwell lights. My 2017 Elite does, although they are too dim for my taste. Do you have the blue lights on the inside door handles already?

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ll check if the touring has those second other accessories lines pre wired.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts