Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm getting close to making a decision on a wheel/tire combo and wanted to get my fellow piloteers opinions. I'm looking at getting the TSW S5 18x8 in hyper silver, which ways 27 LBS. I will be putting a 255/55/18 Michelin Pilot LTX tire on the wheels. Here is a picture of the wheel...let me know what you think. Thanks, I appreciate any and all input.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is what they looks like on a Volvo

And these are in chrome not the hyper silver which is what I want. Just an FYI, I getting a great deal on these(if and when I pull the trigger). $230 per wheel and $190 per tire.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One more pic...

This is a good angle...Audi A3

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
Good choice on the hyper silver, trlengle.

I'd personally would go without the chrome bumper garnish. (sorry robrecht :) )

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
:18: :claphead: :29: :15: :5: :D

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Personally I don't get the wheels or the chrome trim, but then what do I know?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good stuff..

I appreciate the input. I will forgo the chrome garnish as I'm a monochromatic guy...sorry Robrecht. I think it looks decent but not for me.

NJAY...I'm going for a more aggressive look and a more aggressive drive. More width/rubber on the ground the better the traction and cornering. I will use my stock wheels for hitting the mountains as snowboard season is around the corner.

Thanks all...hopefully opinions keep comin' in.

·
Registered
367 Posts
27lbs-what does a alloy EX wheel weigh?

How does the 27lbs compare to a stock EX alloy wheel?Stock steel?Anyone?Thanks,Charlie

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think it will look sharp :4:

·
Registered
495 Posts
N_Jay said:
Personally I don't get the wheels or the chrome trim, but then what do I know?
I'm perfectly happy with my stock EX wheels, but I think these aftermarkets look really good.

Now, what I personally don't get are the wheels that keep spinning after your car stops. I call them the bling bling wheels because I have no idea of what else to call them. :D

N_Jay, I recall that you know a good deal about racer's tape ;)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Does TireRack carry those rims? I think they have a feature where you are able to "visualize" the new wheels depending on your choice. A "doctored" photo would really be nice, esepcially in comparison with the stock wheels.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
rtresco said:
[ S N I P P E D ]

Now, what I personally don't get are the wheels that keep spinning after your car stops. I call them the bling bling wheels because I have no idea of what else to call them. :D

[ S N I P P E D ]
Spinners! :D Diablo Racing 22s with spinners for roro of Florida... :p

(He actually sent me an mpeg movie clip of the spinners in action -- pretty hypnotic... ;) )

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
kemosabe said:
Spinners! :D Diablo Racing 22s with spinners for roro of Florida... :p

(He actually sent me an mpeg movie clip of the spinners in action -- pretty hypnotic... ;) )
Oh... spinners :) Thanks for the clarification, kemo. I remember that thread, now that you mention it.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
rtresco said:
N_Jay, I recall that you know a good deal about racer's tape ;)
I only learn through making mistakes.

Some say I know A WHOLE LOT!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts