Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really considering getting the Pilot EX-L over the MDX and today I again drove my partners Pilot and decided to make a call . . . apparently my salesperson (whom I purchased our Odyssey from) said that I could get the Pilot in 4-5 weeks in the color I want and it would be $1000 over MSRP . . .meanwhile they had a red one in and a silver that was coming in very shortly.

Anyway I had asked since I am a repeat customer, plus I just recomended my partner to them (who's Pilot i drove today) if they would they consider MSRP and was told no.

My feeling is these Pilots are not going to be in demand as much in a few months and I am betting there will be deals on them or at the very least they will be MSRP.

When we purchased our Odyssey, we had to wait 5 months and that was when it was already in production on it's second year. Here is the Pilot only out for a few months and they are already available (if your willing to take certain colors) and the color of choice is only a 1 month wait . . .

Has anyone purchased a Pilot on Long Island for MSRP ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
MSRP here and all options at near cost installed!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Alan F said:
[

Has anyone purchased a Pilot on Long Island for MSRP ? [/B]
I ordered one in North Jersey from Rte.23 Honda,Wayne ,NJ for MSRP with
discounted accessories and i know you can order one thru Honda of Nanuet,NY for $350.00 under MSRP,although a couple of members have mentioned their accessories were higher than the norm(they had told me their cost but never gave me numbers to back it up)
you can contact them at:
Michael Britt
Internet Sales
Honda of Nanuet
10 Rte 304
Nanuet NY 10954
(845)623-1200 ext 250
[email protected]

·
Registered
170 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

twister99 said:
MSRP here and all options at near cost installed!

Twister,
I wanted to see where HERE is and i noticed it is your birthday today,so have a
HAPPY BIRTHDAY & A HAPPY NEW YEAR:2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I first went to Smithtown Honda and they told me 3 months. I then went to Huntington Honda and got a lease based on MSRP. They had a few on the lot so I took delivery 3 days later. They also gave me a $500 credit on my current lease to use for accessories. It helps if you arrive at the dealer on the last sale day of the month.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY

pre-sage pilot said:

Twister,
I wanted to see where HERE is and i noticed it is your birthday today,so have a
HAPPY BIRTHDAY & A HAPPY NEW YEAR:2: :2: :2:
Thanks Pre-Sage, I am getting my Pilot in 2 days at SouthShore Honda, although I did waited 3 months for it. However, when I was shopping around back in Sept, Hillside Honda and Plaza Honda both offer me MSRP with similar wait time. By the way, I got all DIO under Tim's price installed. In a way, I feel like I am getting the car under MSRP. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
RE: Pilot for MSRP on Long Island

I bought mine (silver EX-L) at Huntington Honda in late August for MSRP. Got a great price for my trade also. I Checked out Baron, Babylon, Nardy, and Apple Honda- all wanted over MSRP and low balled my trade. The salesperson at Huntington Honda was AK (A-Kay). Good luck.

·
Registered
2003 EX-L (347,000), 2021 AWD Touring 8.
218 Posts
Try Staten Island?

I got mine in three days at SI Honda. They were fair, profesional, and the salesman knew the car inside and out. SI is an easy drive from LI, and it was sure worth it. We tried every dealer on LI, and they either had none, or they wanted over MSRP, or they insisted on putting stuff on the car we did not want.

Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Alan... might have to drive a bit to save some $$. I'm currently deciding tonite and will cast the web over the next few days in a 150 mile radius. Well worth the drive in the bimmer with the wife to save a couple $$. Cya back over at the 'fest. :)

jw
'01 330i
'66 T-bird Convert.
Future Pilot?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Re: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY

twister99 said:

I am getting my Pilot in 2 days at SouthShore Honda, although I did waited 3 months for it.

twister99,
Based on your waiting time I should be getting my car in just under 3 weeks,
my salesman is on vacation until Thursday,
when I will start bugging him for a delivery date.:1:
:2: :2: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!! : HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!! :2: :2:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mule714 said:
Alan... might have to drive a bit to save some $$. I'm currently deciding tonite and will cast the web over the next few days in a 150 mile radius. Well worth the drive in the bimmer with the wife to save a couple $$. Cya back over at the 'fest. :)

jw
'01 330i
'66 T-bird Convert.
Future Pilot?
So you decided on the Pilot . . . I think we're going to go for it also . . . I saw your write up at the fest :29:

You drove the Odyssey also eight ? Is there still a long wait for one ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you everyone for your comments, I appreciate it.

A funny thing happened today at a New Years day get together . . . I find out I have a Cousin who works at a Honda dealer as a Salesman and he said he can get me the Pilot at MSRP though he is very new there so he has no way of getting me a better deal then that . . . still, I'll take what I can get . . . meanwhile I gotta go and test drive an MDX, then I gotta take my wife to drive the Volvo so we can decide which one to get . . .

·
Registered
16 Posts
MSRP @ North Shore Honda

I got one for MSRP at North Shore Honda. Call Shaun Banks - this is not a plant but a satisfied customer. I got the exact one I wanted - and they didn't load it down with a bunch of over priced accessoried. I order all my accessories from Tim at Hondacuracuraworld.com. I'm kind of surprised that the dealers on LI have such a difference. Getting that extra 500.00 off from some of these dealers takes so much arguing that it just wasnt' worth it to me and I was happy to stay with a dealer I knew.

·
Registered
12 Posts
talked to my dealer in Cleveland today, where I bought my Ex-L Res for $1950 off MSRP. He said they are shipping them all over the country - especially California. It costs something like $800 to ship it, and people are still coming out well under MSRP.

I gotta believe you could ship to Long Island for $500 or so.

Dealer is Jay Honda, by the way.

I got my Sage Brush EX-L Res in a matter of days.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Try Paragon Honda or Hillside honda in Queens. Not that far from Long Island...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a Silver EX-L Nav on 1/10/03 from Baron Honda in Patchogue (Suffolk County) for MSRP. The car came in last week and I'll be picking it up next week. The salesperson I dealt with is Larry Dyckman.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts