Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to see a dealer tomorrow who says he will be getting in a red EX-L-NAV, which I have been looking for. He thinks it will be here in early to mid August but isn't sure yet. Another dealer I spoke with said that he looked up all of the allotted cars in Georgia and there were no red EX-LNAVs coming in. I called back the first dealer and he assured me that the other dealer would not be able to know which cars he had coming in.

Who should I believe?

Thanks,
Alan

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dealer inventory

We're waiting for our NBP Navi (due about the same time in August - I wonder if they're producing all of the Navi's at the same time?). Our dealer had to locate and trade to get ours, and I saw the allocation sheet for the dealers in our region (4-5 states) who were expecting Pilots. It showed the vehicle (codes to show what model) and the dealership on the same line. Hmmm.

I would press him a bit and see if he breaks under pressure.

Keep us posted.

Rtrypilot

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had a similar experience with my dealer last September. He looked at the allocation sheets for dealers within about 100 miles until he found and traded for my Havasu. And he traded the other dealer early enough that Honda shipped my Pilot directly to my dealer, so they didn't have to drive it from the other dealer to my dealer.

MarkB

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I visited the dealer (Curry Honda in Georgia) and saw both a printout and a Honda webpage of allotted cars that showed this particular one so I think the other dealer (Gwinnett Place Honda) is the guilty party here. The list showed the models, trim levels, and colors for each car. Several had build dates already but several didn't. The rep from Curry told me he would expect to get a build date in about a week and could then give me a better estimate of the delivery date. I went ahead and put down a $500 deposit but made him write in that I could cancel the order if the car doesn't show up by September.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dealer inventory

Glad you had the opportunity to get a second on the "allocation list" issue.
Our situation sounds much like Mark B's. Our dealer trade ended up so that our Pilot will leave the ground in Canada and hit US soil at our dealership. They call it an "electronic dealer inventory trade."
It's no fun having to wait, but it will be well worth it!

Keep us posted.

Rtrypilot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts