Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's just a shell. I supposedly have other keys enroute with door lock guts and transponders to swap over into this. I'd prefer to know that I can open these up before blowing money on getting them cut however. These are not the kind with a back that slides off and there are no screws.

It's aftermarket, so I'm asking on a lark here. I've contacted the seller via eBay and via email, but if anyone else happens to know that would be awesome.

The back has a slim piece of plastic not yet installed, with what looks like a white adhesive backing to remove. So maybe that's the way in. There's a small slot otherwise concealed. And if that's not the way inside I can't fathom why it would have a slot that's apparently supposed to be covered up.

One side edge has what might be a slot at one corner. (Last photo). So maybe that's the way in.

Communication Device Bumper Rectangle Gadget Composite material

Communication Device Rectangle Mobile phone Gadget Composite material

Camera accessory Bumper Gadget Auto part Font

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alrighty, curiosity may have killed the cat but it got me to the interior of this thing without drama. That 3rd photo, the slot on one corner was what was needed prying to open 'er up.

Gas Composite material Rectangle Metal Cable

I hadn't thought about it before, however the module inside that houses the buttons is just buttons, membrane,, and spring. It even has a space for a battery ... everything except an actual circuit. So I suppose I now have a spare set of buttons, membrane and spring?

My real key guts with transponder won't arrive for a few more days, but at least now I feel a little better about getting this blade cut meantime.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,306 Posts
Don't forget to dig out your tiny immobilizer chip (looks like a small magnet) from your old key and transfer it to this new key, if you want your Pilot to start. I'm going to say to put it here and affix it with hot glue or, as I did, that Blue Tack stuff you use for putting up posters on your wall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts