Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be taking delivery of my EX-L-NAV on 8/25. I'm planning on installing some additional electronics including a PS2, as long as I can find a good place to put it. Can anyone with both a Pilot and a PS2 let me know if there is room in there for the console? If not I may think about going with a PSOne and separate DVD player.

Thanks!
Alan

P.S. (no pun intended): If anyone knows of any other good places to install a PS2 please let me know. I'd like to have it some place close to the driver's seat so discs can be changed without too much trouble. Maybe wedged between the seat and armrest? In the storage pouch on the door?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case anyone was wondering, a PS2 would not fit very well in the glove compartment. No biggie, though - I had already decided to use a PSone and separate DVD player anyway since I had heard too many horror stories of PS2's breaking down. The PSone is better suited for in-car use. It even fits perfectly on top of the center storage tray when the cover is closed. I only wish there was a way to remove the tray, or at least the divider between the front two trays - that way the PSone would fit perfectly inside and the cover could close over it.

Anyone know how to remove the storage trays?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I used our PS2 on our trip to Yellowstone this past summer. It fit under the front passenger seat facing forward. My wife was able to exchange disks for my girls with no problem, also we had no skip issues as I have heard of others having. As far as other mounting locals I don't know, under the seat was the only spot I tried.

Matt

·
Registered
225 Posts
I would think you would have a heat problem in the glovebox unless you left it open. Plus, IMHO, the PS2 drives are really noisy.

ciao
mooz
exlss

·
Registered
9 Posts
You'd also need to make certain, with the PS2, not to mount it in anything other than the horizontal position. Unless the newer models (there are actually five different models of PS2, with differences ranged from minute to externally noticable) fix the problem, it will deeply scratch and ruin DVDs or games used when on its side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts