Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in a 2016 Honda Pilot EX-L

My family has recently increased to 4 carseats.
I've got 3 kids too young/light for booster seats, so I have to keep the 3 point harness system in place.
I have a newborn in a Doona carseat/stroller combo.

I have two 3 point harness seats in the 3rd row (nothing else can fit between them) and the other 2 carseats in the 2nd row.

The third 3 point harness carseat and the Doona carseat (rear-facing, with or without base) will not fit side by side on the 60 side of my 60/40 split 2nd row bench.

I've noticed that when I press the electronic release button, the 2nd row tilts forward and then slides very far forward (12+ inches). Apparently the second half of the process (sliding) can only occur if the seat back tilts to a certain point.

I've tried just pulling the lever underneath either side of the bench, but it only slides maybe 5 or 6 inches instead of the entire 12+ inches I get with the electronic release. I have also tried the manual release, but it still requires the seat back tilt forward.

I've got at least 2 more years before I can ditch one or two of the 3 point harness carseats and pickup a booster seat...

Is there any way to get the full slide from the 2nd row bench (either side) without having the mandatory forward tilt of the seat back?

My goal is to allow the children in the 3rd row the ability to access and egress without my wife or me having to remove a carseat each time.

i appreciate any help or guidance you all may have. ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
How the same problem move from crv(2016)with 2 kids to a 2019 pilot exl with wit a newborn (3 kid) the 2nd seat is the newborn and my 1 grade in the back is the 1 years old and he do not like it this is my setup for school easy for her to get out i having to remove a carseat each time. for the 1yers old in the back

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
When we have this problem we make the older kids climb in from the trunk and buckle themselves. It’s really ridiculous and may not work in your case.

You may want to see if you can get two car seats side-by-side in the second row using one in the middle and the other by either door. Then you would be able to move the unoccupied seat in the second row forward and back freely to enter the 3rd row.

That did not work for us because we had two Britax Boulevards which are super wide and offered extra side protection.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When we have this problem we make the older kids climb in from the trunk and buckle themselves. It’s really ridiculous and may not work in your case.

You may want to see if you can get two car seats side-by-side in the second row using one in the middle and the other by either door. Then you would be able to move the unoccupied seat in the second row forward and back freely to enter the 3rd row.

That did not work for us because we had two Britax Boulevards which are super wide and offered extra side protection.
I was just hoping someone figured out a work around.

I sometimes get the children out via the trunk, but why do we really have to utilize this unorthodox method?

I just don't understand why we can't unlock the forward/backward sliding mechanism...the seatback HAS to tilt to a certain point before sliding.

I'll just leave this here and hope.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts